Camping in Collins Crossing

82 Reviews of 7 Collins Crossing, Mississippi Campgrounds

gaetan S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Easy stay

Nice state campground we arrive for one night and that was just about right there’s several trails around the lake you can go boating in the lake with the kayak if you wish though there’s paddle boats for rent camp pads are pretty large depending what you get we stayed in 97 which was pretty great…

Natalee F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Busier than expected

I camped here just one night in May 2021 on a Saturday, I got there at about 3pm and was the first there but by nightfall every site was full. People stayed quiet with the exception of a 12:30am arrival man who walked onto my site right up to my tent to I guess see if anyone was there?? I’m a solo…

Nikki W.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Good campground

We came in late and they told us to just find an empty spot. Staff were great. Only thing I did not like was the swimming area. Full of Goose poo.

E
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Quiet and peaceful

Even though my campsite was between the bathhouse and the playground (tent area 93) it was a peaceful stay. Would stay again but maybe not that .

SiteTent 93
Justin Y.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Great hidden spot

We’ve frequented this small space since childhood. It’s very well remote off of HWY 30 in the Holly Springs National Forest.

It’s fairly well patrolled by game wardens and the camping spots are well maintained.

Self check in is handled at the permit box upon turning off the highway. Be mindful…

Siteprimitive site
Month of VisitOctober
Jenn W.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Love it

It was nice and enjoyable

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Awesome Sunsets

We spent a weekend here at the beginning of may. The weather was perfect. There are a good number of trees for shade. Our campsite was right on the water which was good for views but there wasn’t a lot of grass for our tent. The sites have fire rings but no grates to cook on. It was pretty crowded…

• View from the Campsite
  • Shiloh National Cemetary
  • The Outpost
Greg M.
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Tishimingo State park

Another great camp

Had great camping trip at Tish again. The levee is fixed and Haynes Lake is full so bring your rod and reel. A hidden gem in Northeast Mississippi.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Great for fishing access

We love Bruton Branch. Specifically sites 28&29 they are the last of the site but it allows you to have your own little slice of fishing heaven as you are separated from the majority of other people. Right on the water and a breathtaking view to wake up to.

Site28&29
M W.
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2021

If i could I’d give it 10 stars

I would live here if I could. Pretty private, feels safe, beautiful woods. Nice small town close by. Located on the TennTom waterway has nice trails. Beautiful. Bathrooms were average. App says you have to hike into but you don’t.

Month of VisitOctober
Pamela A.
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2021

Bad state of disrepair

Handicap accessible" shower is far from it! You can get a wheelchair into the stall, but that is the only help. No seat in range of the shower and a stationary shower head. Vert difficult if you're an amputee with severe arthritis. Also the water, electric and general infrastructure need updating…

Thomas W.
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Tight

Gold hiking trails but most RV sites are built up for parking but a lot of sites drop off steeply right off the pavement.   Facilities are fair but dated.

Thomas W.
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Not for large RV's

One of the nicest parks in West Tennessee but not for RV's over 26 feet.  Great hiking.

L
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2021

When My Soul longs for Peace

A cozy lake. Friendly horses grazing. Long hot showers. Nighttime rain on the rv roof. Empty weekday bliss. Happy electrical help at 10 pm. A private pearl.

Bruce F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2021

Peaceful

Always packed with hikers but nonetheless we always have enough space and a good time. The downfall to this park is the camper pads. There are a few that are perfect. Most of them once you step out of your camper has a huge drop off. Just remember to park as close to the hookup side as possible.…