The best GROUP camping near
Byram , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Byram Camping Reviews
Very Nice, well kept

We just stayed overnight but it was very nice. Easily accessible from highway but felt like we were not in the middle of the city. Went for a nice walk this morning and saw a gator. This will be a great place for us to kickstart our trips since we typically leave right after work and can only drive a little that first night.

Middle of the city gem!

This MS state park is smack dab in the middle of Jackson, MS. It is snuggled in the woods along a river. The bathrooms and sites were clean. Every site has a beautiful view. We stayed next to the river and encountered wildlife right away - gators, rabbits, birds. The trails are lovely, easy walks through cypress swamps and dry forest. One way the trail leads to a dam with old structures and great fishing opportunities, the other fork leads you to the museum of natural science! My children loved that!!! Upon checkout we had a nice converaation with the ranger. We cant wait to go back!

Made the best of it

I booked a site that we did not know anything about. This was the first time we stayed in the newer loop. We had tent camped in the older section about 5 year’s ago and had a wonderful time. When we arrived on Thursday evening to our site I didn’t know if it was going to be wide enough to let the steps down without fall into the 6 ft ditch. After some measuring of the slide outs and maneuvering over 6 inches from the electrical pole. We set up camp. I had to dig up the sewer tap that was running up hill. We made the best of it by setting everything up in front of the camper. The picnic table and fire pit was on the opposite side of the camper up hill with about 8 inches of pine needles going up. Not practical. So we didn’t use that area. Most of the sites were the same way with the picnic area on the opposite side of camper. The lake area was nice, did some fishing out of the canoe and kayaking when there wasn’t 30 boats out. Lake was closed for swimming. Overall we made the best of it. We will definitely not be staying at site 45 again. Staff was friendly and there were park rangers riding by all the time. There are definitely better sites, not all.

Quiet and Pretty

A great family atmosphere. Sites were roomy. Electric and water. Dump station available. Did not see the park host, but we reserved online. Bathrooms were clean (except the corners had cobwebs). Hiking, biking, and kayaking. We were at site 64, which is directly on the lake. Concrete pad, that was pretty level. 25 dollars a night.

Surprised by this Park

Stopped here as a halfway point to our destination. Stayed two nights and now wish we did more. The campgrounds were spacious and level. The trails were Peaceful and I loved all the nature you see everywhere. Had my morning coffee and watched a 7ft gator swimming and paying us no mind. Most amazing thing I've seen. I'm a city dweller that loves nature so this was a first for me with the gator sighting in the wild. Restrooms were clean, no luck fishing but that's okay it was just great just sitting there. Love that it was close to town because one night we decided to just go out for dinner. Very quiet and I'd stay here again and again.

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

We stayed for 2 nights in site 83, which is on the lake. Kayaking, boating, swimming, and fishing! Beautiful grounds, nice level site. Some sites weren't as pretty. This one has a view of the lake, very spacious site, and lots of shade trees. I don't recommend the bath house, too many spiders!!! Cabins available, but they didn't appear to be in the best of condition. No store. Pets are welcome.

Great stopping place

This place is easy… pretty and cheap.  I'm near a decent sized pool the kids have enjoyed. A big pond with little fishing boats and ducks. There are beautiful flowers and trees. I think they allow horses but I didnt venture too far.

Cypress trees and cement pads

Remember to check your email for your gate access code the gentleman ahead of us did not and it took awhile to get in after a long day of driving. The site we had was right next to the lake which had an active fish population, two gators, and several kayaks. The bathhouse is up on stilts/pillings it was clean and made of logs. the electric service looked new and the water pressure was good. We sat outside even in the 98+ heat to see the activity on the lake. This campground is right off of the interstate but feels like you are in the country.

Nice park

Nice park. Best spots are in the 14-17 area flatter that others. Some spots are very narrow and drop off as soon as you leave the pad. Spots in the “older” area seem more spaced out. A couple hiking trails which were nice. Marked with paint on trees as to not get lost. Pool and slide was closed (probably COVID related??) as were the bath houses. Just about all spots have plenty of trees and shade. Overall great park.

Loving Lake Lincoln

After this teacher/mom and her kids were sent home from school due to Covid-19, we decided that some time in nature was what we all needed as a family. Our friends and their family joined us, and we headed to Lake Lincoln State Park for a long weekend. Since it was a spur of the moment decision, there were no neighboring sites with a view of the lake to choose from. We ended up at sites 36 and 37 since access to the lake was nearby.

Our sites were very close to one another, so these would be ideal for two people traveling together. If I had not known my neighbors, I would definitely not want to stay on site 36 as its view was a direct view of our friends’ camper and their sewer connection. This did make for some great jokes later. Each site had a picnic table, a concrete pad, and a grill but no fire ring or lantern post. Sewer hook ups were a plus since the bathhouses were all shut down. We set up a tent for our college-aged son just behind the two campsites (an additional charge of $15 per night).

We all loved the amount of shade and seclusion these two sites provided. We felt like we were nestled snuggly into the pines and enjoyed a peekaboo view of the lake, a precious chapel in our “backyard,” and easy access to the lake and beach areas. We used the driver side of site 37 as our communal area for our two families and enjoyed cooking, playing games, sitting around the fire, and listening to music here. Our stay was extremely quiet even with day use visitors coming into the campground to fish and enjoy the beach area. We enjoyed several walks with our dogs touring the campground and hiking the trail. We did tour the campground but didn’t really note any specific sites that tickled our fancy. We did see several that had direct views of the lake we know we would have enjoyed. Our girls enjoyed lounging in the sun on the beach area until it was closed due to mitigation measures. We hung two hammocks easily with the multitude of trees on sites 36 and 37, and few naps were enjoyed in both during our stay. The guys did some fishing but not any catching worth speaking of, much to our dismay. More than anything, we ate well and laughed lots during our stay which is more than anyone can hope for in a vacation.

Overall, this trip cured our cabin fever during an unprecedented time in our world’s history, and we made more great memories with our dearest friends. We loved Lake Lincoln and hope to visit again in the future. Hopefully, we can do some fishing AND catching the next time around.