About Roosevelt State Park
Roosevelt State Park is located in Mississippi
11 Reviews of Roosevelt State Park
Beautiful state park

Nice lake surrounded by mature trees. Family friendly campground with many things to do. The camp area has a small beach and swimming area in the lake. Across the lake there is a swimming pool and a water slide. There is a separate fee to use the pool and water slide. The campsites are shaded and have a paved area to park your camper. Each site has a nice picnic table. Some of the sites do not have a lot of level space in front so the picnic table may be located on the back side of the site.

A beautiful family friendly camping opportunity

For the breathtaking sunrises and sunsets over the water, to the fishing & kayaking, to nature trails & beach fronts. It’s one of my favorite campgrounds for my family.

Easy escape

We’ve taken several trips to Roosevelt and each has been quiet, peaceful, easy, and full of things to do. There are some more challenging RV spots to back into but the majority are straight forward with just enough surrounding trees to give some privacy. The lake is nice and the waterfront spots are great. Facilities are clean and located in good spots. The staff is fantastic and helpful. And exploring the national forest or nearby towns is great fun.

Love this campground

Finest state park with shady sites and full hook ups, family friendly, swimming, nice bathhouses, convenient access off I-20. Popular fishing lake, allows skiing Memorial Day til Labor Day. Disc golf. We have camped year around

Beautiful campground around a lake

This campsite was not crowded at all and really peaceful. I stayed in site 13 which was right on the lake. The view was beautiful. The spot was really large with plenty of room for tents and hammocks. There are trails close by that were nice to walk on. The pool is there for an extra fee with a water slide. They are well maintained. It was a great park!

Great park

We have been going to this park off and on for years. They do have a motel if you don’t have an RV/tent. The bathrooms are clean. There are lots of things to do in the campground like disk golf, hiking, swimming, waterslide, canoeing, fishing and playgrounds. The only reason I didn’t give it a five stars, is because a lot of the campsite pads are broken and narrow and the ground is washed out around it. I know it is an endless battle for the park to keep up with probably. We had to be very careful about stepping out of the camper because it dropped off quickly. We were constantly grabbing the kids so they didn’t fall. I would certainly go back though. It is very beautiful.

Natural setting close to home

Roosevelt was one of the first state parks in MS. It is heavily wooded around a pretty lake. I prefer the older side of the lake. Has larger campsites and less activity.

Our Go To campground

Less than an hour away from home we usually camp here several times a year. We have always camped at R.O. Hannah Campground on the water. Sites are nice and mostly shaded. Bath Houses nice and clean. Water park is added fun for the grandkids. Fishing is usually pretty good for Bream/Sunfish, Catfish and the occasional bass. Staff personnel are friendly and accommodating. Great place to stay.

great times

Lovely park with plenty to do. swimming (in the lake for free or swimming pool $ plus a water slide) full hookup. Shady level pads. pet friendly. we really enjoyed a nice weekend. we go to this campground frequently.

Beautiful location

Beautiful wooded site with full hook up and clean bathroom and shower