The best BOAT IN camping near
Fernando , MINNESOTA

Most Recent Fernando Camping Reviews
Grew up nextdoor to this park!

Spent a lot of my childhood playing and exploring this park! It wasn't till a few years ago that I actually stayed and camped overnight. The campgrounds are grouped, we'll maintained, and always have firewood(etc) stocked for their guests. I love briding here as well,

Early spring tent camping here we come!

Didn't get in till late evening so had to do our initial exploring at night with our handy dandy headlamps!🤪 Still fun, peaceful and even better we had the whole park to ourselves! Had tons of peaceful animal visitors including herds of white tail deer walking through our camp ground! Owls and coyotes singing in the distance… Per!!!

Nice people, great lake, lots of walleye

Nice people, big lake that has a few different beaches, and great fishing

Relax and unwind at this privative campground!

Lake Auburn Campground part of the Carver Park Reserve was an awesome primitive style campground. We stayed here in late September and into October. There are 57 sites with an unguarded beach, playground, volleyball court and tons of miles of trails to shred on foot or bike. All of the campsites are very clean along with all of the other facilities and amenities they offered. The playground is awesome for all ages as it accommodates something for all ages and size groups from a traditional playground set for the younger ones, volleyball net and concrete bag toss boards(which you would need to bring your own bags, but possibly could rent if the office was open). I think there are more things that you can rent when the office is open as well(only during prime season). We would highly recommend staying at this campground and look forward to checking it out in the summertime!

Check out our blog at www.unnamedadventures.com and follow our journey on Facebook and Instagram or on our YouTube Channel at Unnamed Adventures.

We had a WONDERFUL time

This was our first time there & we are so glad we came. One of our kids & her husband live in Minneapolis, a sister & several nieces & nephews live close by. Covid held us back with visiting, but our daughter & husband & our grand puppy came to visit. Parking for visitors (or 2nd vehicle) is the bad part as they are all quite way from some/most of the sites. They are strict and no parking on the grass (understandable when you see the pictures in the office.) The park is very well maintained! It is pet friendly. Office sells firewood for use $7.00 for 12 pieces (split pieces) There are bathrooms thoughout, but the main one has a separate, awesome, private showers. The beaches are stellar, We took out kayaks while some of us sat on the dock. There are dedicated walking trails & bike trails that are really as long as you want to go! From the park, we rode the trail that goes under the road 19 and all the way around Lake Katrina (we took the left way around, less hills to go up for this 62 year old🤣) It is BEAUTIFUL with the leaves turning. We loved our stay. The only thing we may do differently next time is to get a site closer to a parking lot. At night, it is DARK! & visitors would have a hard time finding their way back to their car without being driven. We WILL be back!

Beautiful Grounds, Campsites a Bit Close

We stayed here with two young kids tent camping. We stayed in site A20 due to the close proximity to the bathrooms. The grounds were very well kept and groomed. The sites were pretty close together with no trees in between, but only around 25% of sites were occupied when we were there so it wasn’t a problem. I would imagine it would be very cozy and not much privacy when full, which could be the only potential drawback. There were a fair amount of RVs- we were one of only a few tents I saw. There were some nice looking cabins on our loop as well. It was a very short walk down a path to the beautiful lake which was deserted when we were there. The bathrooms looked new and were very well kept. There was even one family restroom with a shower which was so awesome for trying yo get two small kids cleaned up. Loved that. Overall this was a great campsite when not full and we had a great time.

Very Nice

It is a very large campground. There is showers and dish washing stations that were very nice. Most of the campsites are shaded. The lake was very busy on Saturday but the boat launch was nice! I would definitely camp here again.

Awesome campground

New paved roads, boat landing to river and frisbee golf connected. No water hook ups at each site. Has one in central location so luckily I had just enough hose to fill up the camper. Close to state park with trails and bison so had a great weekend!

Small campground/ park

I had never been camping, so for our very first camping trip we went here. It’s only a few miles from our home but was a great place for us to get the family into camping. The place is very small, I believe there’s only 5-6? Tent spots but they are big. We fit a 10x20 tent plus 2 smaller tents on our site. They do have a few RV sites also. This park is by the river that allows fishing and it does have a volleyball area and a basketball court, full bathrooms and a nice pond. We were the only campers that night so it was quiet. However, this is located directly behind the police station (aka park office) so we kept getting routine drive-ups by the cops.?? I have since been to a few other campgrounds so I have something to compare it to. It’s a good one if you need seclusion and quiet. I have a family with kids and we need more than this park offers to keep the kids interested in camping. Hope this is helpful.

Great First Time w/Travel Trailer

Clean gravel sites with electric hook up surrounded by well maintained grass, picnic table, and fire pit. Central water spigot and dump station. Great signage throughout. Showers and restrooms available. A couple disc golf baskets, sand volleyball court and well maintained grass fields were available for play. Lake independence is a 5-10 minute walk along a newly paved trail. Lake offers two swimming beaches, a water equipment rental area, new restroom facilities, and a playground that was under construction at this time. Simple online reservation process at $26/night our one night total cost $36.03 all fees included. Morning of our reservation, camp staff called to communicate a change of site due to our reserved site having issues with its electrical. All amenities functioned appropriately. My wife, two young boys, and I had a great first time experience with our Bambi 19CB Airstream!