Croswell, MICHIGAN

Most Recent Croswell Camping Reviews
Nice place to relax

The lady that runs this place is hands down the reason this park is so great . I come here every year for the past 6 years an for the 2020 season i plan on a 3 month lot rental

Nice quick weekend retreat

Nice quick weekend retreat campground. Cement pads, water, and electric. Loop C is spacious with some trees

Great Atmosphere!

We’ve been going here for many years, we love access to the plenty of pools and kayaking amenities that are included in our stay!

Excellent place

Stayed there again over Labor Day weekend and had awesome time. Horseshoe and cornhole tournament was the best.

Nice place with a ton of activities. My only complaint would be that bathrooms and showers could be cleaner. Went in right after they mopped and it looked like they just slid the dirt around.

Awesome

Great state park. Has a hand gun shooting range with a range officer over looking and keeping control over it. Has some cool trails. It's right by the water. Highly recommend.

Great weekend campground!

We decided very last minute to camp this weekend! Use the APP The Dryt to find out campground. I was able to book same day. We live 2.5 hours away and didn't get to the campground until 10 PM! They stayed open until we go there and they had a guy waiting for a to take us to our site on a golf cart! The sites are pretty big, even tho our camper is only 21 ft long. The campground offered slot of things to do another of seasonal sites, well cleaned and maintained. They had activities for everyone that weekend. The only thing we noticed when we were leaving was there wasn't a dump station. But other then that we would stay at this campground again!

2 Great Lakes & A Horse Camp

The campground here is actually a quite popular equestrian campground. There is a campground and a staging area. Rustic vault toilets, picnic tables, and fire rings. The campground itself isn’t really much to write home about (unless you have horses that is). The lakes and launches are however very nice and there are some great trail systems through the area.

Great state park

Great place to visit near by Lexington. We stay here when we are visiting family that lives near by. It was a great home base for us. Clean and nice sites.

Good base

Nice small campground. We stayed a couple nights. but were gone all day at some family functions close by. It was a good set up for us. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Close to home

We like to stay here when we need a quick get away. It is close to home, but yet still nice to get out camping for the weekend. Easy for friends to come meet up then they go back home at night.

Nice but kinda crowded

Very popular place. It’s close to home, so I like to paddle here. The sites are pretty large but mostly inhabited with RVs. Lots of campers come with the whole setup and stay for weeks. Colored lights, tiki torches, and loud music. Nothing very primitive or rustic about this place. Still, the lake is clean, there is a nice launch for boats, and a large swimming area for kids. Overall it’s a nice family camping spot.

Fantastic place for the whole family

I’ve spent several long weekends here with family ages ranging from grandparents to brand new additions to the world. It’s a fantastic set up with great amenities and close proximity to both Lexington and Fort Gratiot.

Peaceful

This was our first time camping. The park has a beautiful 2.5 mile trail around the lake that makes this campground great. We brought our own kayaks but they do rent boats. We saw deer and rabbit. Our spot #18 I felt was spacious and not to close to the people next to us and trees behind us. We had privacy and it was quiet. The people we did talk to were all very friendly. We heard the showers were decent but we used our own. I would stay again.

Lakeport St Park

The campground overall was set up nicely and had modern washrooms and bathrooms. The camp store was small but had everything you needed. The best part of the campground is the beach access which is large enough to accommodate just about anyone. The sites themselves were a little small, but if you look closely you can find one perfect for your needs.

Good Park

Overall a good campground right on Lake Huron. Well taken care of and the bathrooms were clean. Has everything from full hookup sites to cabins and rustic tent site.

Lots of fun

Big sites with lots of fun amenities, plenty to do which justifies the high cost, with that many sites I would assume they would have more bathrooms though and some of the staff seemed to be unengaged, bordering on rude. We had a good time and the kids enjoyed.

Getting worse by the hour

When we booked our site we asked to reserve a golf cart and were told we had to wait to get there. When we got there they said they were all booked and we had to do that while booking the site.

The staff is very rude and unprofessional. Talked down to my Mother in law while she try to explain that we had been told to book the golf cart when we got here. When we went back to the office later we were told a different story that we needed to book the cart online.

The pool was so cold the kids wouldn’t swim. They needed to use the heaters, but I guess that cost too much money.

The overall issue here is that the owners are money hungry and cheap. They pay their young staff the absolute minimum and work them too many hours which in turn makes the staff not care about the guests in the slightest. The power went out and the pool shut down because apparently the back-up generator had broke down and it “cost too much” to fix. It is sad because the park itself has a great location, great amenities and big sites. The owners need to learn that they could have a great thing here if they cared a bit more about the guest, take care of their employees more, spend the money on heating the pool when it gets chillier, and buy more golf carts with a policy all of the employees know.

So, this is an add-on: I believe a manager of some sort came to our camp site after reading my review. Asked to speak to me, but I was walking the dog. He said he would be back at 7:00 to speak to me and never showed. We went to get ice cream and asked the front desk of he was coming or not. They proceeded to be rude yet again, surprise, surprise, and said “don’t wait around and go ahead and leave your review my name is Tracie with an IE”! Guess I’ll make sure to now leave this review on all our Michigan camping community websites and friends. All I can say is WOW!!!

Someone is trolling my wife saying things about our children now. We had to block them. Pretty sure they are an owner.

Great place to stay

Stayed there over the 4th of July and the place was nice and service was great.

Love it!!

Small campground but just awsome staff is so friendly! We love it there!

Fantastic Campground for Families

What’s not to like if you have kids or grandkids. Great shallow pool, splash pad, water slides, mini-golf, trampoline area, sandy beachfront, close to Lake Huron, ice cream, pizza, stocked general store, arcade, peddle cars. I mean this place is great. For the adults the sites are large, most have water, electric AND SEWER. You can have firewood delivered to your site. The place is very well designed and laid out for easy access to everything. Slightly expensive but so worth it for families that want a low cost vacation. For those that don’t have a trailer you can bring a tent but there are beautiful small and also larger deluxe cabins.

The negatives - bad WiFi but what campground has good WiFi? Limited showers. They are nice but just not enough of them for the number of people that are here.

The tale of two loops!

The North loop is right on the water, mostly flat, very open (not shady), the south loop where we stayed very shady, very hilly but manageable, over all great place to stay!

Nice

Overall, very nice place IF you request a quiet/private site (I had requested this upon my phone call reservation… once arriving at the campground, I saw the site they were assigned to and it was tight and overly populated!) Once I spoke up, we were given a wonderful site on the lake in a very quiet area! Clean bathrooms/showers.

Clean and fun

Quiet lake to fish, nice sites

Lots to do

Nice campground, lake, pool, playground and entertainment.

Lots of sand and golf cart gangs

Nice beach

Lakefront playground, rained really hard and flooded our site, but it’s a nice campground

Breathtaking

This beach was recommended to us from a friend. It didn’t disappoint. Not too many people, very clean, and a plethora of rocks to pick. Make sure to wear water shoes though, unless you want some foot therapy while walking along the beach.

Will be back for more.

Nice Campground

Nice family campground with a beach, swimming area, and boat launch. Lake is supposed to be great for walleye fishing, even if it a tad shallow. Campground is well maintained with picnic tables, and fire rings. On holiday weekends it is heavily used, so you may want to call ahead before you go.

Timeless classic place

Lakeport has lots of sites some back into the woods, some face the water. They have updated the bathrooms super nice. Also the playground equipment has been updated. The sizes on the site are large for the most part. Some sites in the middle don’t have a lot of shade so do your homework. There is a camp store, for anything you forget. They also sell wood at the store, bonus. Staff was friendly and made good suggestions for what site I might like. Weekends are always booked months in advance. During the week you’ll have a better chance.