Yurts
About Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping

Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping features cabins and sites for all types of campers. From modest supersaver sites (for those on a budget) up to large RV sites (sewer, water & 50 amp electric), Mill Creek campground has it all. From beautiful basic cabins, up to 3-bedroom, 2-story loft cabins with bathrooms. Over 200 acres of woods and a mile of shoreline, viewing the Straits of Mackinac and the Mackinac Bridge. Voted one of Michigan's top family friendly destinations by the Detroit News. A favorite vacation spot for thousands of summer visitors to the Mackinaw area for over 50 years!

Private
Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping is located in Michigan
Directions
Location of Campground We are located 2 1/2 miles South East of the Mackinac Bridge on US Hwy 23. Once you are heading south on US Hwy 23, we have lots of directional signs. You will have no problem finding us. Note: Even the Google Map below tends to jump around with our location from time to time. Physical Address of Campground If using our physical address with your GPS device or with Internet maps such as Google Maps, Yahoo Maps, Bing Maps or Mapquest, double check your results against our map posted here. Many online and GPS maps give the wrong locations for our office. If you head south from Mackinaw City on US Hwy 23 you will have no problem finding us within the first 2 1/2 miles. 9730 US Hwy 23, Mackinaw City, MI 49701 Directions to Campground Coming north or south on I-75? Just follow the signs to US 23 South and go 2 1/2 miles south of Mackinaw City on US Hwy 23. (Don't worry, there are plenty of campground signs along the way.)
40 Reviews of Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping
Best Gateway to Mackinac!

Unless you have a site on the water, these are pretty plain and not necessarily hammock friendly. This campground is best to be used as a stepping stone to see the local things.

Local? The island! The forts! So much more! (FYI: there is a family pass for historic sites good for a year. It was worth it for one year’s visit; however, we bought it Aug 2019 and used it again July 2020!)

The campground? Yes, you can ride your bike for hours! You can picnic on the water! Swim in a pool! Play basketball! Rent a buggy/bike! Play mini golf!

Covid-19 issues: the Firetruck ride is not working. They closed the arcade.

Great time!

We spent 3 days on a rustic site. It was great! It down poured the last night we were there and there was a LOT of flooding. Outside of that and the bathrooms that seemed to be in desperate need of attention, no complaints Excellent view of the bridge and such nice open fire pits near the beach for all to enjoy

One of our favs

This is now on our annual list of camp sites. Clean and just a short ride to Mackinac city, the bridge, and a ton of other attractions. Not tiny but not so big that you feel overcrowded. There is a shuttle to the ferry on site, a nice pool, and enough to keep the kids busy. Perfect little beach with a clear view of the bridge and amazing sunsets. Love this site.

Perfect for any type of camping

This is our second year at Mill Creek and we absolutely love it! Very well laid out and the staff here is amazing and friendly!

Surprised

This is not my kind of camping but my kids begged for a pool and I wanted to break up the long drive. Stayed one night. First of all I am impressed they have sites for every budget! We got a rustic saver site for $19 a night and while further away from stuff we had access to whole park. Next time I am splurging for sites with bridge view! Sites are small but trees keep it feeling private. I was very impressed and you can beat a campground in this area! Free shuttle into town.

Great!

Great campground, right on the lake.

Great location

Our site overlooked Mackinac Bridge which was beautiful at night. The place has shuttles to the ferries and you can pre-purchase tickets. Good amenities and the dump area is efficient and clean.

Only negative is the firetruck that goes by every 15min that the kids love but we hated the siren and bells while we were trying to relax by the fire.

They rent bikes which I'd encourage to see the area and to ride to the historic mill.

I've stayed there twice and definitely will again!

A Family Oriented Campground

Mill Creek Campground offers a great outdoor experience for modern campers. Close enough to Mackinaw City to experience the beauty of this historical town. Views of the might Mac and Mackinac Island can be seen from the campground itself.

They have campsites perfect for tents and RVs as well as cabin rentals.

We keep coming back

We have stayed here for years, both camping, and in the cabins, typically in the fall. We enjoy the less busy fall time and seeing the trees change. But this summer we stayed in August and it was packed. Even so, the campground was clean and orderly. We will be back again, just not sure in the summer. Great views of the bridge and fireworks.

Super busy, big place.

The check-in is very streamlined. The campground is vey big and spread out. The spaces are medium small to very small. There is very little wasted space. The spaces by the lake are really neat but those are the super small spaces. They have a terrific view of the bridge. Hit and miss shade. The full hook ups are modern and accessible, although you may want to make sure you have a sewer hose extension. 50A service is available. The pool is decent, and there is a pretty well stocked, sizable store. Putt putt golf and a basketball court. You can catch a free shuttle to the Star Line ferry that goes to Mackinaw Is.
About that…. we got up early and got ready to catch the 8:30am shuttle. We got to the pickup spot at 8:25am and waited 15 minutes until a camper across the road said the shuttle left about 2 min before we got there. So back we went to the campsite and waited to catch the 9:30am shuttle. We were the first ones there at 9:05am. By the time the shuttle got there there was a crowd. After loading our bikes on a utility trailer we got in the shuttle to no seats left. Super thoughtful passengers. My son crowded in with a bunch of other kids and my wife and I had to stand. The grab bar was only attached to the van at 2 of the 4 required places. I had to stand right up front in the giant doorway that I had to ask the driver twice to close. The driver was nice enough, but the whole Star Lines Shuttle system is pretty ghetto. You get what you pay for. We would come back here to camp and visit the island as well as Mackinaw City.