Acushnet, MASSACHUSETTS
Most Recent Acushnet Camping Reviews
A slice of heaven

Just a short walk to the beautiful National Seashore. A short ride to a bike trail. A short drive to the Restaurants, Sights and Entertainment of Provincetown if you even want to leave the wooded serenity of the North of Highland Camp.

My family and I have enjoyed this spot for years.

So close to Boston

Came here while in college at Brandeis University with my field Biology class. We explored all over the bog looking for interesting species of plants and animals and found so many amazing things. This is an amazing site to take anyone who is adventurous and loves to explore. It also doesn't hurt that it's so close to Boston. I agree with all the other reviewers and definitely suggest checking this site out.

Small sites. Narrow pathways.

Lots of noise. Sites on top of each other. Long walks to nasty bathrooms.

Decent

Big campground, well maintained. A lot of restrooms. Most clean, one restroom building I went in the showers were very gross. But the rest I went in were a lot cleaner. Also we called the day we wanted to stay, booked a site, paid. Then when we got there, they had no records of the purchase, also kind weird. They did let us stay the night anyways and we figured everything out. All and all nice campground. More towards rvs since 3/4 of everyone there is rvs.

All the amenities. Cabins, tent or RV sites

This campground has showers (pay with quarters for hot water) activities for the kids, pool, arcade, snack bar? Ponds that after a busy weekend seem to be full of dump station over flow because the smell can be a little much at times.

Overall friendly people. They sell propane and firewood.

Organized, Clean, Family Friendly

We stayed here for a few nights when they celebrated Halloween 🎃. It is super easy to get around. They had tons of festive activities. They have an indoor and an outdoor pool. The restrooms are clean. I highly recommend staying here. It was a lot of fun.

Family friendly campground. seasonal here for 4 years

Amazing staff and fun activities every weekend.

Our family stayed here, we loved it. It was clean, pretty, with lots to do

Our family had a great time here for long holiday weekend. It's a nice pretty campground.

Very quaint. The youngsters had a ball exploring, and found a few bull frogs to race later on..lucky for the frogs they got to race to freedom, lol

THough the kids cried, why did they leave?

I Will be going back again this year, a whole bunch of us are meeting up..we're renting sites next to each other along side the water…

Huge campground lots of variation in sites

Good for families or couples

perfect beach front camping

This was our first camping trip of the year and we loved being right on the beach. There are no hookups but water is easily acquired and there is a dumping station. We loved being able to hike for hours right from our campsite. While the beach in the campground is very rocky it is a short walk to beautiful public beaches. I cant wait to return to this campsite.

one of my favorite go back to places

We come back to Fishermans twice a year. We love the pull thrus and the full hookups. The campsite is always clean and there is so much to do in the area.

Peaceful and relaxing!

Although this campground is pretty big, it is actually spread out pretty well and very peaceful! The monitor it very well to ensure you have an enjoyable experience. Great for the whole family! I’ve been camping here for over 30 years! I went as a child and now bring my children.

Extremely large and busy campground with nice sites

Large State park near the ocean that was very busy. We stayed on a Sunday night and on a Monday night. On Sunday the whole campground was packed. Monday night was much more calm.

Site was good. Fire pit was made of rocks and was larger than most campgrounds.

Bathrooms were fine… could have been a little cleaner but I think that has to do with the sheer volume of people camping at the time.

The lake front beach is nice. It's small and doesn't get that deep but it was a nice change from the cold ocean water.

If you want to hit the beautiful and nearby East Beach… go early and bring cash. There are limited parking spots and they fill very quickly. We arrived at 9:45am and the lot was full.

Relax in the woods

Just reopened this summer and they did a great job on everything. Nice sites, great playgroung for the kids.

Beautiful and clean

My friend and our kids camped here for a weekend trip to Misquamicut which is a 5-10 minute drive away! We absolutely loved our site which was near the lake where we also swam. It’s a large campground and well maintained. Definitely recommend!

Family oriented

Convenient location, beautiful pond on beautiful cape cod, Ma. My family has gone there for years with neighbors and always enjoyed our stay.

Beachy access and close to Provincetown

I stayed at this campground over Labor Day weekend 2018. While it was relatively booked to capacity, everyone staying here was very respectful of the quiet times and my stay was super pleasant. There is a short walk from the campground to the entrance of Head of the Meadow beach and it is really conveniently located to get to Provincetown. I loved the ground cover which was a mix of sandy soils and soft pine needles. The tree cover snd scrubby forest surroundings made for nice seclusion and pretty scenery. The bathroom amenities were good, but bring quarters for showers. For 1 quarter you get 7 min of hot water so it was a good deal, I thought. Loved the location!! I would come back.

Expensive and loud

I don't know how a cartoon themed campground ended up with a full bar, live music until midnight, and rowdy drunk seasonal campers partying until dawn. But there it is. You can also here I 84 from the tent sites. Besides the noise, there's the expense for everything. 3 dollars per person per rider for a paddle boat. 5 dollars per person per day to use their "aqua center" (a pool with a 20 foot water slide). 7 dollars for a bundle of pine firewood. And there are kids activities, but that requires a fee as well.

We had a good time here despite all of this, but we certainly won't be back.

A great Cape Cod experience.

Nice tent sites. Near Nickerson State Park which is a must see by bike trail and to cool off after at a forest lake beach.

cute camping destination for the cape bound

I really like this campground. The sites were on the smaller side and closely packed but there was good foliage between sites to lend a little privacy. The bathrooms are very good. Private unisex showers were very clean and had great water pressure/temperature. I believe all sites are hooked up with water which is amazing to me and most have power.

More permanent sites

Most of this campground is permanent trailers. None of which are very well kept. The sites we were on were very in level and the water and electric were very far apart from each other. The dump station was so unlevel that we had to stop on the turnpike to dump our tanks properly.

Quick shot at this

The guy above me gave you most of the skinny, so I can keep this short and sweet. This campsite is superlatively convenient if you live in the Boston area, especially so if you’re like me and you’re one of those “Boston kids who don’t cross the bridge,” both proverbial and otherwise. The area around Ponkapog is beautiful, showcasing a wetland climate that, while common, is an integral part of the Massachusetts ecosystem that many people don’t even realize is within a stones throw. Why spend a summer weekend baking like a sausage next to a big of townies when you can chill in the bog with bogey-bogmen?

Highlights:

serviceable and cheap campground with limited amenities

some natural peace and quite close to the city

lots of good berry picking and trails

not far from the blue hills

good family fun

swimming

Lowlights:

bogmen

one night stay

very friendly staff. good location. camping spots are too close from one another.

won’t go back

unfriendly staff - camp is way too big for my taste - it’s mass camping

one night visit

the park is big and wild but the staff is rude and useless. Campgrounds are very close from one another.

My New Go To Campground in Cape Cod.

This was my first time at this campground and I have to say, it was a great place to stay. I camp with my dog and sometimes I want to explore places that he can't go. Sweetwater Forest has a small doggy day care where I can safely leave him and not worry. It's air conditioned and they have mellow music on.

The comfort stations were clean and the showers have hot water and there's an outdoor sink & counter to wash dishes. The camp store is stocked with food and camping gear you may have forgotten or broke.

The campsites that I saw are not right on top of each other, my site was a little above the other sites near me and the foot path to the bathroom was clearly marked and clear.

The staff were friendly and although I did not have children with me, they have a lot of things for kids to do. There's an arcade, playground, basketball court and arcade. I definitely plan on going back and would recommend it to others.

More of an RV resort

This is a well kept RV Park with large sites. The do not allow tents at all so it should be called an RV Park. The charge extra for pets per day. They have a huge clean pool and a water slide park (extra fee) and a mini golf course (extra fee). The bathrooms are very clean as are the pay showers. Water pressure is ok and power is a bit iffy when the park is full. All in all it is a park I would recommend.