Acushnet, MASSACHUSETTS
Most Recent Acushnet Camping Reviews
Very nice!

I haven’t been tent camping in years but this past weekend I stayed while attending the Levitate festival. I was very comfortable, the bathhouses were clean. Can’t wait to go back!

Family Friendly

Not too pricey and clean With lots of activities for the family.

Peaceful and wooded

We have camped here many times, seasonally and weekend. Typically it’s very peaceful, you can have a nice fire and some drinks, or even party if you’d like and not usually hassled to much, lots of shaded woody sites. Pool and playground for the kids but not much else going on.

It's like a daycare for grownups.

DO NOT GO TO Cape Cod Campresort& Cabins in East Falmouth. Insanely ridiculous rules!!! Annoying staff, specifically the older ones. I felt like I was in daycare. If you like hanging out, talking late at nigt, then don't come to this place. I was told by one of the staff"no electronics after 9pm". I understand if say someone is listening to music loudly, then yes definitely ask them to turn it off. We had a 17inch tv screen, low volume, I could barely hear the tv. So I guess they just like to be annoying. They have the staff drive around all they long to harass us. For 4 nights we got harrassed, but one night that I was in bed at 11pm, they allowed an RV to check in. I was trying to sleep and people were talking outside as they were setting up camp. So I realized the rules only apply when they see fit. Sunday 4pm was asked to lower the volume of the tv, same 17inch tv. And I know for a fact that NOBODY complained, because we knew everyone around us, even the ones on the sites behind us. Front desk was rude, the first day I thought she was having a bad day, but the second I went there to buy ice and felt like I couldn't ask a question because I was bothering here. I dont know if it's a racism thing or they are just rude in general. Also, they need to hire a real life guard so the kids who are accompanied by their parents at ALL times, can use floaties. I understand letting a kid with a floatie while the parent is sun bathing or chatting with friends. But that wasn't my case. Lake area for bathing is too small. Dog park had a hole on the fence, my dog almost got out. Pool needs cleaning. One playground, not many options. Small laundry. Old arcade, needs upgrades. So, my advice is, GO TO Normandy in Foxborough. They have rules but they are reasonable and not racists.

Clean, but nothing to do

This was just a stop over for us, but we were disappointed there was nothing to do. The ground were well kept, but not enough trees for us. The bathrooms were clean too that’s about it.

Family friendly campground

Many pine trees throughout campground provide excellent shade and pine needles on the ground. Very crowed (holiday week), but it’s been fun with all the families. Very friendly guests and staff. Homemade ice cream truck comes through each evening. Only two negatives: most expensive ($90 per night) and the walk to the beach is almost 2 miles (not 1 like staff and website stated).

Perfect location for the best of Cape Code

Family friendly, wonderful customer service, clean bathhouse and showers (only cost .25 for 7 min) and great beach access!! We loved our stay at this campground, the only downside was that fires are not permitted on site. However, you can obtain a permit for a beach fire. There is a short 5-10 min walk to Head of The Meadow Beach which is part of the NPS. The Cape Cod National Seashore was beautiful. We went to the beach there every evening and were greeted each time by seals! North of Highlands is also close proximity to Provincetown and other wonderful beach sites… Highly recommend!

Busy but worth it

Mostly geared toward families, especially with kids. Most of the campground is RV sites. There a a handful of tent sites in the back (no hookups). Bathrooms and showers are very clean, general store and pools are nice and convenient. It’s a perfect distance away from Gillette (a couple miles) if you’re looking for an alternative to staying in a pricey hotel. Definitely not a place I would go to “get away from it all.” You can hear the highway from the sites.

Peace & Quiet, Great Location!

We stayed on site A-31 for 3 nights with full hookup while we checked out Cape Cod. Campground is lovely, with many trees (and birds) and close proximity to the bike trail and town of Brewster. A little dusty because of the sand lot and roads. Well stocked camp store and friendly staff, would definitely stay here again.

Scusset Beach State Park (An RVer’s Paradise)

Scusset Beach Reservation overlooks Cape Cod Bay and accommodates a multitude of RV sites. The campgrounds aren’t the most attractive, but the pull here, of course, is the beach- which is actually pretty amazing.

Not nearly as crowded as a majority of the nearby Cape beaches and rather quiet- especially shocking for the weekend just before the July 4th holiday- Scusset Beach has all the amenities you could really want for a low-key beach outing. The beach is clean, with beautiful, white, rock-free sand. There’s a small snack bar with basic food options, bathroom and locker room facilities, picnic tables and plenty of parking. Lifeguards begin their work around 10am and are pretty serious about announcing all the rules.

In the grounds, you’ll find rows and rows of RV sites. Not much in terms of privacy- basically a glorified parking lot with the occasional tree and nearby nature center. The Park, however, also has 5 tent sites towards the back that are really your best bet if you want anything close to a true camping experience. Tent sites 1, 4 and 5 are the most attractive options, offering shade and a fair amount of privacy. Each is set up with a grill, fire pit and picnic table and are pretty decently sized.

Additionally, there are several trails around the Reservation. A nice bike path along the waterway is literally feet away from the tent sites; and there also seemed to be smaller paths dispersed throughout.

If you’re a fan of the Cape and ocean, definitely give Scusset Beach a try- especially one of the tent sites. You can literally walk to the shore and stores and restaurants are a quick car ride down the street.

Nice place

super friendly and accommodating staff. Nice facilities and great spaces for large rvs. We stayed in July of this year, after staying for the months of August and September, and a week in May. Last year, they were under new management.They were friendly and accommodating. The sites were well maintained. This year, the same negative issues from last year existed. MUDDY, hole filled roads when it rained and dirt and dust when it was dry. No WI-Fi, sketchy cell reception,  but the one new addition was a very aggressive rent-a-cop, who was their weekend security. ( We were being dropped off after an evening out with friends. We were IN THE CAR with them, so it wasn't as though we were giving out the gate code or having a party and invited tons of people. The rent-a-cop followed us to our site, and told our friend that he had to check in at the office (1/4 mile up the road)before entering the property. We said he was just dropping us off , picking something up, and leaving. The security guy said it didn't matter, and was very confrontational.  So, not wanting to cause a problem, our friend went to the office to check in and was charged $20 to reenter to pick up his wife and the other couple who had driven in with us.)  In addition, we had a site for our large rv that had ankle deep grass and tons of bees.After days of wading through it, we had to ask them to come mow our site and spray for the bees. The place did not look as well maintained as the year before.

The difference in the "feeling " of the place between this year and last year was huge. Not the super friendly, accommodating staff as in the past.

Great Backyard Camping Option

I’m relatively new to the backyard camping experience but this was a pretty cool set up. There are 2 campsite options at the private residence and both are on the waterfront with picnic tables, chairs, fire pits and a spot for tents/hammocks. We really enjoyed unlimited use of all the water toys including stand up paddle board, canoe and kayaks. The home owners do also rent out a cabin on the property and some RV plots so you will have to share the beach with whoever else is staying there at the time. The beach was pretty lively with people throughout most of the day but everyone was respectful of quiet hours and we overall had a sense of privacy. The “campsite” has access to a toilet, shower, electric and WiFi. There is also a sauna available for use which was an added bonus. Town is about 10 minutes away and we recommend getting the eggplant pizza at the Town & Grill Pizzeria!

Great sites, very clean, best in the off season but lots of traffic noise

Price is right and always very well maintained. It is also very close to Rt 6 so the traffic noise is almost constant especially friday nights. Not recommended for light sleepers but very convenient.

Ranger Review: Unlimited access to SUP, Canoe and Kayaks

It should be noted that this is a backyard camping site and there are certain more social and less private components associated with this type of stay. On arrival, you'll pass RVs tucked off of the side of the long driveway cradled with green ferns. When you pull up to the parking lot (located directly in front of the host's home) you'll find a little beach stocked with kayaks and canoes. On the right hand side of the parking lot there is a wood burning sauna which takes about two hours to heat up. There is a nearby town within 10 minutes drive, should you require reinforcements.

Below are a few general facts/pointers about the campsite:

If you seek more privacy, you can kayak/canoe out to one of the islands at the center of the lake and pitch a hammock there for the afternoon.

There are 2 camping spots to choose from and the one to the left of the house (NOT the sauna one) is definitely the superior spot.

Reservation includes parking, potable water, showers, electricity, wifi, access to the sauna and unlimited use of the hosts' SUP, canoe and kayaks. Firewood is also available for an additional $3.

The wifi was spotty but it seemed to be device dependent (I didn't have connection issues but my partner did).

Nice campsite with very friendly people and staff

We enjoyed this campground. It has a few bumps and bruises that could be improved but overall it was a safe place with lots of families.

It appeared to be mostly seasonal / long term campers and people that had developed good relationships with their neighbors. Everyone was friendly and helpful.

Good comments:

Most of the campsites seem to have an open area in the middle between them that allows for maneuvering and socializing.

The camp store is small but well stocked and the prices are very good.

The beachfront is nice, the canoe and kayak rental is reasonable.

Needs improvement:

Electrical at my campsite could use a little work.

The sewer on my site overflowed after only ~15-20 gallons of dumping.

The swimming area has a 'icky bottom' (kid term :))

The entrance / office setup is confusing. If you come in from the West you'll see an entrance, if you pull in you'll then be able to see signs that tell you to go another 1/4 mile to the office to check in. This area doesn't have enough room to make a u-turn unless your rig is pretty small.

After checking in, you go back out on the main road to the aforementioned entrance.

Overall we had a good time and the issues were minor compared to having a safe place with lots of kids and things to do. All entrances are gated with key codes and there was a security guard on staff part of the time. The office staff was super nice and understanding when I lost my way coming into the wrong gate. :)

Lots of partying and duck poop

Last time i was there a fight broke out and the cops had to be called. Attracts a lot of the rowdy party crowd.

My favorite early and late season spot

Well maintained campground with an equally maintained indoor pool making this my favorite cold season spot.

Wonderful place

This is a wonderful family campground in the center of Cape Cod. It is exceptionally clean and quiet with plenty of privacy.

The amenities were exactly what we needed for our little camper. I loved waking up to all kind of diferent birds singing and chirping. There is a pretty little dock with pond access for fishing, but sadly no swimming. But, would you really want to swim with 70lb snapping turtles?

We went in June and came back again a few weeks later. It was worth the drive through Connecticut to see the awe inspiring beauty of Cape Cod and Sweetwater Forest.

Nice place

This is a great small park. We have a 36' class A, which we were able to back into site #7 easily. Spacious private site, set back off road. Last year, we were in site #9 which was a little tricky to back into because of the angle. It would be easier to pull straight into #9 but then the fire ring may be on the wrong side of your rig. Unfortunately, there are no pull-through sites here. Sites #7, 8 and 9 are located in a little alcove which would make for a great three-family compound. No hookups at this campground, but we like boondocking so we don't mind. Hookups would make this campground a 10! There is a water spigot across the street from our site. Bath house is brand new, and we were extremely impressed with the showers! Spacious, clean, a nice door separating your personal dressing area from your shower, great water pressure and temp. 75 cents for 3 minutes, 25 cents each additional minute. There is a dump site near the bath house. Even though it's the first week of August, almost 8 am, it's nice and quiet here. There is a nice lake (reservoir) for fishing, swimming, kayaking, etc. Plenty of hiking and challenging mountain biking. We love this campground! We camped at George Washington Memorial Camping Area in a Motorhome.

Great place

We were new to camping and have just recently purchased a 26ft travel trailer. Wawaloam is our second camprground we have visited and are loving the outdoor life.

LARGE SITES Clean facilities Large playground Friendly Staff Easy to navigate campground Great seasonal tenants Tons of lawn games H shoes, corn hole, v ball, boccee.

we had a great time. We even stayed an extra night. I’m 100% certain Memorial Day to Labor Day it is amazing. We even applied for a seasonal site. We hope to spend many nights under the stars and many days swimming in the pool.

Great place

I'm hesitant to write this review as the Breachway is hands down my favorite beach in the state (on the "mainland," anyway). A gorgeous stretch of public beach that isn't overcrowded or densely populated with families and teens, the Breachway is a true escape from the headache of the normal state beach scene in the middle of the summer.

Here's the reason - the lot is so small that it can only accommodate a maximum of 75 cars, if that. You have to get there before 9am or after 4pm if you want to get a spot. Even then there are times that you will be turned away and that makes it even better; the ratio of sand to beach goer is perfect, you can bet on a minimum of 10' between you and the next group.

There's obviously more to this beach than just the limited parking and uncrowded sand. The water here is unlike any other beach within a 20 mile radius. A brilliant blue-ish green, you have to see it to believe it. And when you do, take in the silhouette of Block Island, just a few miles across that ocean blue.

Would Do Again

We stayed a week. No issues with water, sewer, electric, and cable. I was on site 87 and was able to level on the first try. The campground is a little tight with a big rig (40’ motorhome pulling a vehicle on a dolly). The sites are a decent size and consist mainly of gravel and grass. Not all sites have a fire pit so be sure to book one if you want a fire pit. The WiFi was better than most places we have camped at.

Electric scooters, golf carts, Segways, etc., are not allowed. That was disappointing but fully understood because of a liability factor. The campground is pretty big which would have been nice to explore on a Segway.

There are two pools. One is for 55 and older. At least there are no kids dive bombing you if you want an enjoyable swim.

They mowed around our campsite yesterday. The employee used a bagged mower to keep the grass off of our motorhome. He did a good job and was very careful with the weed eater.

I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in the area. The owner(s) put the money back into improving the campground. Most campgrounds we have visited in the northeast rarely make improvements - they only want the money because it is a relatively short camping season.

Great place

260 site campground with about half with 20 amp electric service. Water spigots throughout. Sites are wooded with mostly hardwood mature trees. There is at least 100 feet between sites. Large sites, couldn't hear neighbors conversations. Loop M backs up to woods so no one behind us. The bathroom was decent for a State Park with 3 shower stalls. The roads are one way smooth and well paved. 12 miles of trails for biking or walking. Fishing and canoeing available. Geocaching in the park. Each site has fire ring and picnic table. Buy your wood when you check it, the campsites are about a mile in. The dump station is conveniently located as you leave. The park is over 3500 acres. The spring house for Mt. Blue spring is down the road to the left going in, to the right leaving. Lots of people come here with gallon bottles getting fresh spring water. We camped at Wompatuck State Park in a Motorhome

Backcountry Camping at Cape Cod

This is a really cool option for those interested in visiting Cape Cod and also backpacking. The park has 5 dispersed sites located 3-4 miles from the trailhead with picnic tables and an outhouse. The hike in to the sites can be particularly difficult because it requires trekking through sand without any sun coverage and with all of your gear. It’s also a bit of a gamble because the sites are not reservable ahead of time. In order to secure a spot, you must show up at the park headquarters where sites are handed out on a first come first served basis. A nice amenity is that the park staff will send someone to the sites to deliver 5 gallons of water for free as well as firewood for a small fee so you don’t have to carry those resources. The sites are tucked away from the beach a bit into the brush which provides a nice relief from the wind. Fires are permitted at the beach and I was lucky to witness a really beautiful beach sunset. I did not encounter too many bugs during my time of visit but I’ve been warned that it can get quite buggy in mid to late summer. Overall, this is a 5 star primitive spot for me because it’s secluded, requires a bit of leg work and has a great view.

Best state park ever

I love camping at charge pond one of my favorites

Small but cozy

Great off the beaten path place to camp. Sites are large but close together. Each contain a rock built fire ring. There are toilets but no showers. Good parking for camper but limited for guests. Reservations are required in advance. Stones throw to beach/pond area

Both History & Seafood

A little noisy during peak holiday weekend, but quiets right down… Never experienced a pay shower at any campground, so this was a first!

A true 5 star campground!

There is NOTHING you could want and not have at this campground/RV resort!  The family that runs it are at it 24/7 so you have the time of your life.  Many pools and one is adults only, there are all kinds of activities every weekend day.  Ball field, dog park, it has every thing including smiles!!  I actually store my rig here so I see the cleanliness of this park and the care that goes out to all campers!!

Awesome campground!

Best location ever to the beach.

New facilities, clean and quiet campground.