The best DRIVE IN camping near
Southglenn Farms , MARYLAND

Most Recent Southglenn Farms Camping Reviews
Love Caledonia

Been to Caledonia 50+ times over last 35 years. Family goes here for holidays and to camp once or twice every year. It’s a fantastic state park with great picnic areas next to the creek. You can also drive up the road to the dam where there’s a beautiful lake with fishing, kayaking, etc.

Nice place

Little Bennett has spacious RV and tent sites as well as cabins and yurts. It's very clean and well maintained. Lots of hiking within the park and many activities for kids. We were very impressed by their covid safety. Will be back!

Wonderful Easter

We stayed here this past Easter and they had plenty of activities for kids and adults. Easter egg hunts for kids, adult scavenger hunts for alcohol. Wonderful experience for the whole family.

Amazing Family Fun

I love this family oriented little place of heaven <3

Buen lugar para acampar una noche.

Es un lugar muy organizado y limpio, tiene todos los servicios en orden. Personalmente prefiero lugares mas silvestres, pero es un buen lugar para 1 noche.

Very Friendly place

The staff was very friendly and so we're the people who were staying here as well. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool. Looking forward to coming back in the summer. Thank you Brenda our check in lady, you made us feel welcome 😊

Group rentals only

Tried to check this one out as I live nearby but it’s for group rentals only. It does provide amenities such as a pool and is close to hiking. I recommend Rock State Park and the hike to the King and Queen seat, a rock outcropping with stunning scenery. Havre de Grace offers water view dining, great shops, restaurants/bars, and a winery. My. Felix Winery offers evening and weekend activities, wine tastings, and beautiful views. Water Street Seafood is a great new place with water “front” views and outstanding food. There are trails in Havre de Grace as well. Canoe or kayak the Susquehanna River from the boat launch in town. There are numerous festivals in the area (pre-Covid) that should return.

Perfect for a stop over

When we usually make the trek rom NY to Florida or the other way around, this is one of the stops we stay at for a couple reasons. one it's the round about way we go to avoid Washington and the other major cities on 95 in that area and two, it's a PA stop so it is $21 a night. Cheap for the surround areas prices.

The campground is located in the rear of a Trailer park. Both are well kept. Both are mostly filled with full timers, but there is a section that is used for passer byes. No real amenities that we have used as we rarely stay more then a day.

If your in the area, its a good overnight stop. For the most part quiet at night as towards the later evening the highway about a 1/2 mile away quiets down.

First time excellence

As a first timer, I wanted to show my girlfriend a good time for her birthday weekend. This park had everything you could want while maintaining a good distance from civilization, which was a smooth transition for me. The staff and campers were great and we even got to see the cub scouts doing a relay course. The trails were nice and clean and despite the weather, the overall grounds were beautiful. Definitely bringing the kids back to his one.

A great escape from the DC area.

We camped here in early April 2021. The first weekend open of the season. This is a smaller campground, only 34 sites, but it had all you needed. Only an hour from the DC area. Sites were generous, and equipped with a good fire pit, and space for parking two cars at our site (12). The parking/tent site was gravel. Picnic table was large and there were two places to hang a lantern. 12/13 were electric sites and water access for the area was right in front of 13. Our friends had a rather large trailer (30 ft) and it "just fit" on site 13. There was a walking path to the bathhouse between 13 and 14. Sites 8-11 were on a nice open field, with some smaller trees. There are lots of trails in the area, though we didn't explore too many on this trip. Bathhouse was simple, but effective with steamy, hot water! People were good about keeping their space in this COVID era (signs for masks for the bathroom, but I never was in there with anyone other than my own family). It was so very cold the first night we were there (25!). We took advantage of our electric site and used a small space heater to take the edge off of that night! Park attendants were the most attentive I have ever seen, making their rounds every 30 min or so. You can hear (when its quiet) the low hum of noise from a nearby road, but I didn't find it troubling. Overall this is a great, easy to sneak away to spot for those of us close to DC.