The best GROUP camping near
Ocean Pines , MARYLAND

Most Recent Ocean Pines Camping Reviews
Beautiful park

Loved strolling around the park. LOTS of locals. Sites somewhat tight to get in, once in it felt spacious. Trees and good shade. Bath house was ok. Hosts were great!

Exactly what I look for

Janes Island State Park is a wonderful place for scenic state park camping. There are spots for tents and rvs. There is a marina and kayak trails. They have both primitive and full service cabins.

There are 3 camping loops. Loop B is the all electric loop with plenty of large sites that can accommodate bigger rigs. This is where my family stayed. We were directly across the street from the water and the views were amazing. Loop B is pet friendly, and all of the owners there were very responsible.

Due to the high water table, there were plenty of mosquitoes but with the breeze they were held largely in check.

My family and I cannot wait to go back.

Peaceful, historicd

The tent site was big with lots of choice locations for your tent. There is a lot of privacy between the tent sites because of the trees.

The bathrooms were clean and modern. The camp store had lots of little items that I needed. And there was a Little Library.

The hikes in the campground are beautiful. The historic aspect of the Cape amazed me. It was a site for WWII soldiers to watch for enemy invaders. The towers are still there.

The ocean is beautiful but a bit of a walk from the tent campsites.

Beautiful! Comfortable!

We loved our three night trip. The weather was great minus a terrible mist that came off the ocean one of the evenings.

The bathroom is clean and modern. There are two outdoor showers which were a real treat one warm evening.

Some of the island’s wild horses visited our campsite. You have to make sure every bit of food is put away. Do not feed them as that takes the wild nature out of them.

We met some wonderful people there from all over the east coast. The sites are spaced pretty tightly.

There are no wooded spots. So bring a sun shade or umbrella. Even in late October, it was bright and hot.

There are a few short trails in the National park which were nice.

Beautiful!!!

Beautiful campground! The pine trees provide a great canopy. Many of the campsites abut the canal. The bathhouse is clean and modern. A few negatives: The camp store’s firewood was the worst. And the campsites were too close and that cause an issue because there were a few loud campers that caused me to give this place a 4 versus 5. If you love to kayak, this is the place for you. The water trails provide hours of exploration.

Campground review

Great campground

Great place!

Family has been going for 30+ years. Not a lot of activities, but they do have waterfront camping along with good views of the Assateague lighthouse. Closest campground to the annual pony swim.

Great Family Campground

Tall Pines Harbor is a great place for a family with kids. Management was very welcoming — the park does themed weekends throughout the entire year. Surprisingly enough, the campground was very quiet for being booked the entire weekend. Pets are welcome, everyone was friendly, and there is a lot of socializing opportunities at this park.

Exactly what we hoped for

Friendly staff, well maintained. Signs explained what could be done instead of what not to do.

At the end of the day nothing beat waking to horses grazing in our camp. Exactly what we were hoping for.

Wish we had two weeks instead of two days.