The best DRIVE IN camping near
Ellerslie , MARYLAND

Most Recent Ellerslie Camping Reviews
I would go back

I would go back. Our site was secluded and protected from other sites. We were very close to the state park and all activities there.

An Oasis off the Interstate

A very nice campground that I'll go back to if I'm ever in the area. I could get around with my huge fifth wheel but it was still very thickly treed the way I like them. I couldn't get my trailer level on the site so that was a problem but one that a smaller trailer might not have. Lots of noise off the PA Turnpike but what do you expect when it's right off the interstate. This is a great waystation.

An Oasis off the Interstate

A very nice campground that I'll go back to if I'm ever in the area. I could get around with my huge fifth wheel but it was still very thickly treed the way I like them. Lots of noise off the PA Turnpike but what do you expect when it's right off the interstate. This is a great waystation.

Fantastic Family Campground

Went camping here for the first time this weekend. Although it was the off season there was still tons to do. The kids played mini golf, jumped on the pillow, played on multiple playgrounds, enjoyed ice cream and went fishing. Can’t wait to come back in the summer.

Nice quiet park

It's a nice wooded park with asphalt roads. The sites are some what close to each other but the wooded areas between the site give you a level privacy. Our site, as well as a number of others, wasn't particularly level. I parked our trailer halfway in because if I had gone all the way back I would have never gotten level. The bath houses were spotless. There are a number of water fill stations throughout the park and 1 dump station. Do follow others as well as the parks warning about coming in on Chalkhill-Ohioplye Road. Do not follow your GPS blindly. There are number of hike in the area which is why we were there.

Great campground

Big spaces to camp, private and spacious

Words Can Not Describe

My opinion would not stay there again.

Very Quite Campground

We stayed here with a group and had plenty of space in the grassed tent area. There was a fire ring per site and we felt very private. The swimming pool was great. The amenities are Basic but functional. Not a busy campground, only one other tent the weekend we were there. A number of permanent Trailers. Close to the highway so expect some noise.

Small Shaded Park

Kooser State Park is a small campground nestled in the Laurel Highlands, close to Hidden Valley and Seven Springs ski resorts. The park has great amenities just a short walk from all sites. All sites have fire rings, with grills, however note they are double walled so do not expel a lot of heat outward. Great for cooking however.

Most sites are not level, but very grassy. Firewood is available at the entrance for$5 bundle supporting a local club. A beautiful walk through the park leads you to the Kooser Lake, great for fishing. It is also close to the Laurel Hill State Park which is great for hiking and water activities. The park is close to the road so you will experience some road noise.

The park is 15min from Somerset. No phone reception at this one! They welcome all furry friends!

Beautiful in the fall

Absolutely amazing fall color on the lake and great drives surrounding. Bathrooms are clean and hot showers.