The best GROUP camping near
Eagle Harbor , MARYLAND

Most Recent Eagle Harbor Camping Reviews
Nice place

This is a small facility that is well maintained. The staff is amazing. The showers are clean/hot and the playground is in very good condition.

If the campground had better wifi and cable it would get five stars.

Diverse friendly RV campers!

Easy hike in camp site

7 or 8 tent pads. Wood for sale at the site for $4 honor system. Porta pottie right next to wood pile. You’re not supposed to setup anything outside of the “tent pads”. I had a hammock hung and three rangers saw but didn’t say anything. Over all easy 2.5 mile hike on groomed gravel trails. No water on site and no reasonable source to filter water from so be prepared.

Great place for a staycation

BR park is absolutely beautiful. So much to do and centered around many historical sites. It’s a gem

Nice quiet clean campground 30-40m from DC

Stayed here for 2w while visiting friends in Alexandria. Took me 25-30m to get there so you are far away from bustle of city but not so far that going in to enjoy breakfast or the sights is a feat. Nice and quiet here during winter more so during week than weekends.

Family Friendly and So Much To Do!

Our family stayed here in a cabin on a long weekend trip to DC. This campground was full of stuff to do and we didn't even get to do a lot of it. We stayed in a cabin for 2 nights and had a great time. The campground had a climbing wall on one afternoon. There are miles of trails and my gkids enjoyed the nature scavenger hunt. You even get a prize when you finish. This park has too many amenities to list. They had a campfire complete with s'mores followed by hayrides. Great family friendly campground. We will definitely be going back.

Great for activities; not much privacy

Great if you’re looking for a quick escape from DC and with a lot of activities—paddling, hiking, and a 5 minute drive from Meadowood for mountain biking. I camped at the non-electric area and it was nice to play some disc golf across the street before dark. The hiking is nice—15 minutes on the trail to get to the water—and a quick walk to the marina/boat rentals.

Campsites are well-equipped, but depending on which you will not have privacy and/or enough flat space for more than 1 tent. Most sites are right next to each other and no trees or other natural separation, and some saw did not have much space for tents. I had 141 which was good; 138 was the best that I saw; and if you want to get 2 for a bigger group try to get 112/113.

Westmoreland

My son and I went here at the end of August for our first tent camping trip and even with the heat it was still great it’s a beautiful spot and the camp host was super friendly

Convenient

Campground is close (ish) to the DC area. It is easy and convenient to get to. Almost all sites are pull through and are close together. Most have some tree cover (and some of the trees could use a trim along the roads). Some long term guests occupy the back sites which have sewer.

Close to Prince William Forest which is a fantastic National Parks forest.

Att coverage is good.

Playground is nice.

Great Regional Park

Great regional park with lots to do - trails, biking, boating.

Sites are spacious and decently level (depends on the site I’m sure).

Plenty of playgrounds and trails nearby to keep the family busy.

Amenities and such are what you’d expect - clean but not new.

We would definitely stay again.

Beautiful Campground

We stayed at Bull Run Regional Campground on our visit to Washington DC. It was fall and the colors were gorgeous. The sites are all pull-through off the roads through the campground. So your camper faces the woods and you feel like you're all alone. Bath houses are clean and well maintained. Our site was very level, but I could see that some others were not so much, so you might want to ask about that. The staff was very friendly and helpful.