The best GROUP camping near
Crisfield , MARYLAND

Most Recent Crisfield Camping Reviews
Perfect Beach Camping

Great place to Camp on the beach. The ones closest on the beach are on top of a dune with clear view of the ocean. The ones further back are lower but out of line of the direct winds. There's basic toilet and showers, a fire ring and picnic table with storage underneath. The wildlife including the ponies will get close to you. Buy stakes made for sand.

Great in the fall

A few chilly nights to avoid the bugs. Vegetation made our site feel a bit more private.

Beautiful park

Loved strolling around the park. LOTS of locals. Sites somewhat tight to get in, once in it felt spacious. Trees and good shade. Bath house was ok. Hosts were great!

Exactly what I look for

Janes Island State Park is a wonderful place for scenic state park camping. There are spots for tents and rvs. There is a marina and kayak trails. They have both primitive and full service cabins.

There are 3 camping loops. Loop B is the all electric loop with plenty of large sites that can accommodate bigger rigs. This is where my family stayed. We were directly across the street from the water and the views were amazing. Loop B is pet friendly, and all of the owners there were very responsible.

Due to the high water table, there were plenty of mosquitoes but with the breeze they were held largely in check.

My family and I cannot wait to go back.

My favorite campground

We have a blast every time we come here. The bathrooms are clean and updated. There is plenty to do. Pool, beach, fishing, boat rentals, golf, paddle boats, bike rentals, and crabbing. They also have a snack shack that steams crabs, and a restaurant on site if you don’t feel like cooking. They also offer on site charters and sunset cruises for a cheap price.

If you venture into Cape Charles, it’s a neat town with some good restaurant options.

Beautiful! Comfortable!

We loved our three night trip. The weather was great minus a terrible mist that came off the ocean one of the evenings.

The bathroom is clean and modern. There are two outdoor showers which were a real treat one warm evening.

Some of the island’s wild horses visited our campsite. You have to make sure every bit of food is put away. Do not feed them as that takes the wild nature out of them.

We met some wonderful people there from all over the east coast. The sites are spaced pretty tightly.

There are no wooded spots. So bring a sun shade or umbrella. Even in late October, it was bright and hot.

There are a few short trails in the National park which were nice.

Beautiful!!!

Beautiful campground! The pine trees provide a great canopy. Many of the campsites abut the canal. The bathhouse is clean and modern. A few negatives: The camp store’s firewood was the worst. And the campsites were too close and that cause an issue because there were a few loud campers that caused me to give this place a 4 versus 5. If you love to kayak, this is the place for you. The water trails provide hours of exploration.

Family oriented

We had a great time here. The sites were clean and spaced out. I didn’t feel like we were on top of each other . I wasn’t a fan of the “beach”. If you are looking at going camping for the beach experience, this isn’t your camp ground. The snack stand sold steamed crabs , which were horrible. I think they have a lot of young staff running the food stands that are clueless on how to work things. Other than that, we really enjoyed the campground.

Campground review

Our favorite camp-resort yet!

We love this place! I has everything you need and more!!

Pros-

restaurant

water park- amazing

spacious lots

very secluded

splash pad-fun for small children

small beach

kayaking available

cons-

very secluded-get groceries before.

not much to do close by.

can get loud (we didn't mind)

ran out of golf carts to rent (expensive too)