The best BOAT IN camping near

117 Reviews

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent California Camping Reviews
Westmoreland

My son and I went here at the end of August for our first tent camping trip and even with the heat it was still great it’s a beautiful spot and the camp host was super friendly

Great Regional Park

Great regional park with lots to do - trails, biking, boating.

Sites are spacious and decently level (depends on the site I’m sure).

Plenty of playgrounds and trails nearby to keep the family busy.

Amenities and such are what you’d expect - clean but not new.

We would definitely stay again.

Awesome!

Beautiful views, good trails, nice sites. A lot of fun here. Will be back soon!

Beautiful Site, a Bit Noisy

We loved our site B56 which is a deep, private spot with lots of tent sites. The trees are pretty and the laurel adds to the privacy. We were there in November, so the leaves were off the trees, but it still felt private. There were a few parties in the campground which is strange given we are in the midst of a Pandemic. The noise carries here perhaps because there are valleys. There are a lot of shallow campsites close together. Make sure you check the length of the site. We originally had B46 which was directly across from the bathroom, right beside the road, and across from the playground. The wonderful staff allowed us to move. The camp store firewood was very dry and burned nicely. The staff patrol the park quite a bit but maybe not at night. There are several beautiful trails and kayaking nearby. There is also a water park which likely adds to the noise in the summer.

Great campground

This was our first trip in our first TT (33ft), we’re complete rookies! We had site 68 which had plenty of space for the TT, truck and car to park. The sites have plenty of separation and the park was very quiet. We talked to several fellow campers and all were very welcoming and helpful. We will definitely be making another trip there next year for a quick weekend getaway.

Middle of nowhere

Nice get-away from it all campground. Level sites, farmland all around. Well maintained, quiet campground.

Nice camp site with hiking spots

Nice camping spot close to DC with hiking nearby

Exactly what I look for

Janes Island State Park is a wonderful place for scenic state park camping. There are spots for tents and rvs. There is a marina and kayak trails. They have both primitive and full service cabins.

There are 3 camping loops. Loop B is the all electric loop with plenty of large sites that can accommodate bigger rigs. This is where my family stayed. We were directly across the street from the water and the views were amazing. Loop B is pet friendly, and all of the owners there were very responsible.

Due to the high water table, there were plenty of mosquitoes but with the breeze they were held largely in check.

My family and I cannot wait to go back.

Beautiful!!!

Beautiful campground! The pine trees provide a great canopy. Many of the campsites abut the canal. The bathhouse is clean and modern. A few negatives: The camp store’s firewood was the worst. And the campsites were too close and that cause an issue because there were a few loud campers that caused me to give this place a 4 versus 5. If you love to kayak, this is the place for you. The water trails provide hours of exploration.

Our favorite camp-resort yet!

We love this place! I has everything you need and more!!

Pros-

restaurant

water park- amazing

spacious lots

very secluded

splash pad-fun for small children

small beach

kayaking available

cons-

very secluded-get groceries before.

not much to do close by.

can get loud (we didn't mind)

ran out of golf carts to rent (expensive too)