De Broeck Landing , LOUISIANA

Most Recent De Broeck Landing Camping Reviews
Deserted, Buggy, But Nice!!

I thought I’d stay here because it said it was free on the app: IT IS NOT FREE. It’s cheap though! $12/night and you can book on the recreation.gov app.

If you want to tent camp or sleep in your car, only book sites 1-5. The others don’t seem to have flat spots for much of anything. Perhaps hammocking would work!

Upon arrival when I noticed the not-flat site I had booked, I easily switched my site via my booking to site 1, which is the best for car sleeping and in my opinion the best site at the campground. It is set off from the others and has a large flat grassy area. If it is busy it may be less desirable as it is right on the parking lot, but I’d still take it. That being said, I didn’t see a single soul while I was there.

Flush toilets, running water, and a spigot to fill up are provided. There is a boat ramp right by site 1. It was quite buggy even in early April, but I managed to keep moving and make a fire so the smoke would help the bugs stay away.

It is easy to find, and there is ATT cell service, 1-2 bars.

I’d definitely stay here again and hope to have time to explore more!

Can't beat for Price

Very out and the open! Hard for rigs to pull into, soft ground, and potholes in the dirt road. Site are very close together, first come first serve. Has electric and water at ever site tho! $6 a night is a steal, I have the America is Beautiful/interagency pass and only pay $3 a night. Saves you 50% at each park, for sale online for $80 annually. 03/23/21 the bathrooms are still locked due to the 9 degree freeze they had busted the pipes and month ago. Amphitheater is cool for pics, but looks rotten and never used. Pavillion has fireplace and never in use. Behind the fireplace if you walk directly behind it about 300ft into a trail that runs into a creek, to your right will be old native American stone work stairs ( i posted a video) thats very cool. Also posted a video about the national foxhound graveyard that host the best of America's foxhounds. Also super cool. What isn't cool is when you got the fireflies and the campfire and the crickets, and mellows and dogs roasting, then, booom!!!! Here comes big rigs flying thur your ambience at 80mph loud AF just 100 feet away from all campsites. There is a major road that cuts the camp into two. Kills the whole "nature" feel! All night long!!! Bluebonnets are in full swing, so are the woodpeckers, red cardinals, blue Jay's, no coons or squirrels tho. Left food out the whole week, not a thing got into our bread or food. There is a cute grey kitty here, she comes every night and eats my dogs leftovers. Coyotes due there howling at different locations every 🌙, but no worries here. Ample wood for burning, I'm not kidding. Bring ur ax! Piles and piles at every 🌳 line. No snakes that I've seen, but spiders. And little maggots keep falling from the trees to our hammock and chairs. They did a prescribed burn 🔥 while we were here. Didnt inform us either. But that's seasonal. Host is lonely and bored, loves to talk, kinda deaf. Gotta yell. But nice guy overall. Cell service for Verizon is very sliw, AT&T is marginal at best,, Sprint/Tmobile is great. Well, thats all folks, hope I could be of help.

Inexpensive and quite

First 6 days without electricity because of the snow storm, water pressure is low but available. Very pleased with campsite, host Billy very helpful. Overall enjoyed our 2 weeks there.

Very nice campground

Spaces are large and well spaced for privacy. Beautiful lake views. The only negative is the rediculous fire pits. Obviously designed by someone who never experienced camping or a campfire. The pits are 2 feet tall, solid steel with NO air holes. Fires never burn and even if they did you wouldn't see the fire anyway. We bring our own pit. Bathrooms and showers are clean and we'll maintained. The host is friendly and helpful.

Peace and Quiet

This is a very beautiful Federal campground. Sites are scattered. Lots of shade, large trees. We were in site 16, which has water access and views. Level concrete pads. Electric and water. Dump station only. Many beautiful hiking and bike trails. Kayaking, swimming , boating and fishing. Showers are restrooms were very old. Camp host was super nice and friendly. Picnic tables and large firepits on sites.

Bodcau WMA

Great campsite..kinda primitive but good for those that like the outdoor experience.

Hunting

We camp here while hunting..love this camp site no worries or problems, all nice red blooded Americans loving Gods outdoor country