About Bayou Segnette State Park

98 Premium Campsites (all prime location sites, with water and electrical hookup).

Fee Info
$33/night plus tax, Fri-Sat $30/night plus tax, Sun-Thurs, Apr-Sept $25/night plus tax , Sun-Thurs, Oct-Mar
Bayou Segnette State Park is located in Louisiana
17 Reviews of Bayou Segnette State Park
Very Nice!

The park has RV sites, tent camping and rental cabins on the lake. Fishing, sightseeing, relaxing. Its all here!

Nice state park

Nice sites. Close to town with stores and restaurants. Just across the Mississippi River from New Orleans.

New Orleans hideaway

Nice little campground 20-30 minutes from NOLA. Perfect spot for camping outside of the city. The facilities were clean and well maintained. The mosquitos were fierce after dark. Short drive to Barataria Preserve for seeing wildlife. Sites are are large but watch what side your picnic table may be on.

NOT ALL SITES ARE EQUAL

I stayed here for two nights while visiting New Orleans. At check in I asked for a tent site and was told every site is a tent site. I arrived at the space I was assigned and there was very little grass areas and NONE FLAT. Meanwhile I look across the road at several empty sites that would have been very accommodating, lots of flat grass! Yes I should have driven back to the office, but it’s a long distance from the office and campsites and I was tired and decided to make it work. BTW I have a small backpacking tent, anything larger and I definitely would not have fit!

The second day we had a very heavy rainfall and the location I picked for my tent completely flooded. I had to drag my tent to a slightly higher very slopped spot in the rain.

Given how few tents I saw at this campground, couldn’t the registration office have a list of which sites might best accommodate a tent??

Great location near New Orleans

Fairly large area an can take almost any size RV. This park has a laundry room in the shower house / bathroom and free internet. (although usually very slow) It's about as close to New Orleans as you can get at a state park. Staff is good with helping with directions.

New Orleans hideaway

Super nice stay!

Pads are level, wooden deck fire ring, plenty of room for tents, laundry room bathroom & showers were clean, playground well kept. My boys enjoyed the fishing. Short drive to French Quarter.

Super clean

The people are very respectful and most importantly it was very clean here. Definitely will come back again.

Camping with the gators

Loved this location! 10 minutes from the quater. There are swamp tours just outside the gate of tge park. Well keep. Facilities were ok. Free washer and dryer, but people were fighting over them. Lots of wildlife in the park. The site at the end of the road had a small gator when they woke up.

Nasty campers in NOLA

Was hoping for a better experience but some ppl are just nasty! Someone pooped in the women's shower stall, while others left their poop in the unflushed toilets with the temps near 100…why would anyone do that?. Staff didn't clean the bathrooms for 2 days and between the discussing poop and filthy bathrooms we were disappointed overall. Too bad cuz there aren't alot of campgrounds around.

Only plus:the sites were spacious