Camping in Hickory Corner

209 Reviews of 18 Hickory Corner, Kentucky Campgrounds

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Typical NP campground

We loved our stay here. A pretty typical NP campground. Nice wooded sites, fairly spaced. We had a pull through, there were lots of both, in all different sizes and shapes. Some spots were definitely better than others. Ours was tricky to get into (a pretty big curve on the driveway), but once we…

• site 87
Month of VisitOctober
Alejandra E.
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2021

Great camping spot

We booked a group site and had 3 tents. It’s very woodsy and tranquil. Bathrooms were close by and air conditioned too! The showers are in the general store building where the post office is so a short walk or drive there. It’s coin operated with a change machine for bills. $1.50 to turn the shower…

• hidden river cave
FThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Great place

We spent a few days at Wax while heading home. It was quiet, even with all the boat traffic and kids. Lots are gravel and decent size. The area surrounds Lake Nolan, which is an added bonus. The water was warm and calm. It is off the beaten path and you are about 30 min from a grocery store, so…

SiteA-20

Nice trip

I like the pretty lots, that were mostly flat for camping. Siri so beautiful I will come back again and again!

Beautiful camping trip

I’ve stayed all over the mammoth cave area and this is a beautiful place to stay as well. I keep coming back because it’s so pretty!

Love this area!

Mammoth cave area is so beautiful - definitely take the tour through the caves and check out the history and the artists  that are selling things all over the area.

Jason N.The Dyrt PRO User

Ok

Campground was OK. 3 different loops with nicely spaced out shady sites. Really not much to do unless you're taking cave tours or hiking.

SiteB16
D
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Peaceful

Great campground. Wooded and water sites available

Siteb18
Hilary A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Beautiful, forested campground

I’ve been camping at OBannon Woods for 25+ years. The campground is large, mostly shady and very well-kept. Bathhouses feel luxuriously clean and large compared to most campgrounds. There are multiple play areas for children and beautiful hiking trails within and around the campground itself.

Sitemultiple sites
Month of VisitNovember
Yondering R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Kids LOVED it

Several pools to choose from, plus a beach and water obstacle course—our kids thought they’d found paradise! The bathhouses were clean, if not the newest we’ve seen. Close proximity to Mammoth Cave. Don’t miss the Amish bakery/cafe nearby!

Scott W.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Golf Cart Silliness

5½ mph speed limit does not apply to golf carts. As a campground that rents them out, you would think they would restrict their equipment to follow their set speed limits

M
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Buzzard Roost Indiana

It has been a wonderful experience. My only complaint in the little black fly like bugs in the bathroom building (toilet pit). Other than that and the rain, it has been relaxing.

• our home for the weekend.
Site#3
r
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Great place if you are going to the park

My kids and I camp here when we plan to spend time at the park. It’s very convenient. Bathrooms are always clean too.

Jason J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Short walk to visitor center

Decent facilities, well maintained. Sites are spacious with distance between. Short walk to visitor center/trailheads. Comes in handy if you need to queue up early for same-day cave tickets.

Site18B
Riley S.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Summer Fun

This is a nice quiet campground. I have taken my daughters here a few times. Swimming and tubing in the lake or even taking the pontoon boat out for a gathering on the island.

The campground is very clean and the camp hosts are amazing. Facilities are nice, showers and bathrooms. Close to town…

SiteE070