The best DRIVE IN camping near
Ewing , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Ewing Camping Reviews
Where everyone is a family!

It doesn’t matter where you are from, this campground is a very friendly campground. Your neighbors are just like when you are home….well if you like your neighbors. But seriously everyone at this campground is like family! Bathhouse is very clean with heat and air conditioning. Nice playground for the kids. Putt putt golf and some history along with Quinton doing his nature walks, and events fit the family and kids with scavenger hunts.Also be sure to eat at the Hidden waters lodge!

Pipes froze over, no running water

Camped for a few days in late March for a climbing trip (no fires at Miguels). It snowed the pipes froze over so none of the facilities were working. I'm sure it's super nice in the summer.

Large campground

We really enjoyed this large campground. There’s a bike way that terminates in the campground that runs by the lake and near a prairie. It’s not a loop so you’ll have to pedal back.

There are multiple playground and loops. Lots of places roam!

A great family get-away campground. Great for a weekend or a whole summer.

A great family get-away campground.

Great for a weekend or a whole summer. There are a lot of regular campers that come back all the time.

Family run and lots of amenities.

nice and primitive

This was a nice, quiet and primitive campground. The sites were nice and spread out. The bathrooms were clean. I would definitely return to hike some of the trails.

Lots of trees and water, very calming

Park is nice with lots of trees and water. Small rental cabins surround the park. Owners are very nice and very helpful with tips and suggestions for the RV, and local eateries. We stayed one night on our way south from Indy. We wanted to visit The Ark and The Creation Museum, but cannot do both in one day. I deducted a star from overall and value rating only due to no direct sewer connection. Although they do have a dump station, I prefer to have a direct hook-up. Sites are pretty level, although we did have to unhook to keep truck from sticking out into road. SInce the park wasn't full, the owners let us park our truck in site next to us. We stayed in our 38' travel trailer with our Ford F250 truck.

Nicest People You Will Ever Meet

If you are looking for a clean campground with great amenities and some of friendliest people you will ever meet you have to try Callie’s Campground!! They have a country store that serves meals and carries supplies you might have forgotten. They have everything from full service to primitive. Each camper site comes with a fire ring and picnic table.

Beautiful campground near natural bridge Kentucky, October 2020

Our plans were tentative so we had not made reservations in advance. We felt lucky to grab a site. The camp manager was very helpful. It was quite and clean. Women’s showers were fine, but my husband said the men’s were not so great. We hiked to the arch a mile away and while it was muddy, it was still beautiful. It rained our second night, but we were fine. We would definitely return.

Nice things come in small packages !

My wife and I have been camping for years. We decided to come to Kentucky to visit the Ark and the Creation Museum. I found this little campground by joining The Dyrt. Three springs, was the best choice this summer. Very friendly staff and delivered my firewood next to the fire pit. Loaned me an electric cord extension and it was a delight to stay there.

A Must Visit in the Red

This was our very first camping experience as a family in the Red River Gorge.

I can't say enough how accommodating and helpful Callie and her team were during our visit. The shop was well stocked, the cafe food was clutch, and the site and campground is beautiful.

We had just purchased a used popup camper and booked a site at Callie's based on a friend's recommendation. We arrived and had no clue what to do. So Callie (yes, Callie of Callie's Campground) talked us through how it all works. We were hooked up and had the a/c on (we camped in July) in no time.

We did however learn that our camper had some plumbing issues and was leaking pretty badly while hooked up to the water connection. I brought this up to Callie later in the afternoon and she gave me the name of a local person who works on campers (who ended up being absolutely salt-of-the-earth awesome and helped our camper be good as new).

We tried our hand at fishing but I think it was too hot for the fish to bite. The campground is easy to hike and beautiful. Did I mention we brought our two golden retrievers? Yeah, that was interesting but we learned a lot and overall I'd say they did well. However we have since decided that while we go camping the dogs would greater benefit from staying with a sitter:)

Again, this is a must-stay place when visiting the Gorge. And you can blame me for loving it;)

Cheers,