Camping in Eighty Eight

104 Reviews of 10 Eighty Eight, Kentucky Campgrounds

Hope G.
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Terrible

We got there late for a primitive site and all the sudden the mgr and police show up mind u the mgr passed us 3 times instead of stopping as a professional mgr should he calls police and tells me the website does not state primitive lol. It was cluttered loud and tacky.

Siteprimitive tent
Month of VisitOctober
Annette A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2021

Great place to camp, go swimming and kayaking.

This is a great campground. We love it here. We’ve been here three times now and will keep coming back. The staff is friendly and engaging.

SiteSite number 5
N
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Nice trip

I like the pretty lots, that were mostly flat for camping. Siri so beautiful I will come back again and again!

Hilary A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Friendly Marina & Campground

This campground is great for larger groups, as they allow multiple tents/campers per site. Most campsites overlook the lake and have a lovely view of sunset. Only complaint is the amount of trash we picked up upon arrival. The beach access was virtually unusable due to trash everywhere, but we…

Very pleased

This is a beautiful campground. I really liked that sites were not too close together. Fair warning there is no cell service.

One of my favorites

One of my favorite campgrounds when I’m in the mood for hiking

Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Great place if you are going to the park

My kids and I camp here when we plan to spend time at the park. It’s very convenient. Bathrooms are always clean too.

Doug and Terri C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Great State Park

Easy check in and nice level sites close to the water. The newer section has very few trees for shade. The older section had plenty of shade and nice sites.

Month of VisitNovember
Lorrie R.
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Beautiful spot

Large sites and the facilities were well maintained.

Christina M.
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2021

Overall good with a few drawbacks

I was tent camping with my family Thursday-Saturday while visiting Mammoth Cave.

The good: the tent campground has spacious, level sites. The sites are located in a grove of pine trees, which makes for well shaded sites with a pleasant surface of soft pine straw to pitch your tents. A few…

• Fishing at Nolin Lake
SiteP16
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Okay area

The sites are pretty close together but it does indeed live up to the resort part in the name. You can purchase WiFi access. There’s a pool, cabin, golf course. It’s also a horse camp with several miles of trails.

Site0-2
Beth H.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Great Small Campground

Love staying here! Small campground and hard to get weekend reservations, but it’s a great place for kids to play and adults to relax. Sites are large and level. Easy lake access and a beach for use as well. Only downside is it is open for public use as well. It was very full on Saturday with…

J
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Decent place

Staff as always been very friendly, sites are very spacious, there are trails for hiking, a playground and a beach. Only negatives are no showers and not much shade unless you get a site on the edge of the woods

M
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Off the beaten path

I stayed here three nights in my RV. Also, this was my first ever camping trip in my RV or any RV.

As others have said, no cell for the most part. I have Verizon and I was able to send and receive messages for the most part.

The bathrooms and showers were clean, as well as the entire area.…

Kimberly P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Loved this place and we will definitely be back.

The camp host are incredibly helpful. We had a few issues with our camper and they did everything to help us trouble shoot it. The area is beautiful, my kids had a blast playing with other kids and running around. Super clean, well laid out, great showers. Lots of families and dogs.