About Fort Boonesborough State Park
Hike In
Fort Boonesborough State Park is located in Kentucky
23 Reviews of Fort Boonesborough State Park
Nice get away. Very peaceful. Clean.

It is very clean and friendly

lots to do

AC in very clean bath house was a big plus. we were close to the river in a reasonably secluded spot. there are lots of activities and trails in the area.

Great Place

My family and I loved staying at the campground. It was very clean and quiet. The bath house was spotless! We will be back.

Pricey but interesting

I was very interested in this area for the living history museum but as a tent camper I had more than a little sticker shock at the $36 price point not to mention the booking fee on Reserve America. That made this one of the most expensive campgrounds I have stayed at including numerous stops in California. 😒

The sites were well shaded and included the typical set up of fire rings and picnic tables but I did feel a little closer to my neighbor than I would have liked. I can only imagine the feeling to and RV camper would be even more suffocating.

The campground was noisy and busy as it was a weekend, and while some of that can be expected for the higher price point I would have liked things to have been a bit more accommodating to those times, maybe they should offer a few less sites so there can be a bit more space so if it is busy you don’t feel like you are suffocated by noise.

With that being said, not all was bad here. The things to do outside of th campground itself were worth some of the inadequacies the camp provided in way of space. The living history museum was one of the best I have seen in the Kentucky or Tennessee area and other amenities such as water access and proximity to hiking was great.

If I did return it would be during the week and potentially not during summer to avoid the crowd.

Great Campground

We really liked this campground and kayaking on the Kentucky River is great. Tons of activities for the kids and even adults. Only downsize we found was our site was a good distances from the bath houses and we didn’t bring bikes or anything.

ok campground

There aren’t very many trees and sites are crowded together. I don’t recommend going when campground is full. It’s more enjoyable when not so crowded. The employees are also not the friendliest people to deal with if you have a problem.

This is most relaxing camp site that I’ve been too .

Wonderful camp site . Friendly staff !

Great Time

I stayed at Fort Boonesborough last weekend and really enjoyed myself. The sites were clean, lawn well takin care of, staff very friendly, the store had a lot to offer. They always seem to have something going on during the weekends for all ages. Lots of kids enjoying themselves. The sites are close to each other but not right on top of each other like some places I’ve been.
Only downside is they don’t really want you using the beach so it’s not takin care of. You can use it but it’s not near as nice as it used to be years ago.

Easy to access, dog friendly, quiet

Is a nice, quiet campground. It books up fast during holiday seasons.

Clean Campground with activities for all!

This campground has a newly updated bath house and 20 sewer sites, along with plenty of other sites near the woods or out in the open to choose from. There's always a list of planned activities from tie dying shirts to early morning putt putt competitions, so that's nice if you need to occupy any children. And the playground and grocery store were nice offerings as well. Also, there's a nearby fort from the 1800's to explore if you have a couple free hours.