Fires Unknown
Pets Unknown
Water Unknown
About Alfrey Boat Ramp

Alfrey Boat Ramp is located on Cave Run Lake  on the Cumberland Ranger District of the Daniel Boone National Forest. Cave Run Lake is nestled among the beautiful mountains of eastern Kentucky. Built by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers , this 8,270 lake provides flood protection to the lower Licking River valley and supplies water to area communities, improves water flow conditions on the Licking River, and offers habitat for many species of fish and wildlife. The lake is known for its excellent muskie fishing. * Boat Ramps on Cave Run Lake * Cave Run Lake area map You must comply with all regulations established by the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources   concerning fishing, boating and waterway safety laws. Licenses and regulation guides are available at most retail stores.

Alfrey Boat Ramp is located in Daniel Boone National Forest in Kentucky
Directions
From I-64, take exit 133 and go south on KY 801. After 8.7 miles, turn right into Twin Knobs. Take the first left (Forest Service Road 1269). The boat ramp is on the left.
1 Review of Alfrey Boat Ramp
Boaters and Non Boaters Beware

Even though the majority of my review is geared towards my stay at Twin Knobs I did visit Alfrey Boat Ramp and it was the source of my negative review.

In general, the Twin Knobs campsite was nice. The restroom facilities were located nearby and it was relatively easy to find. Unfortunately, that is really where the positive aspects of this trip really end. My family was meeting some friends and family at this campground so they rented three sites and we met them on Friday 7/29. There was some confusion when we entered the campground and had to pay for an extra pass even though on one of the campsites, the one we stayed at had only one car on it. I didn’t think much of it, paid the $8 for the pass and went onto the campsite. On Saturday we went boating at the Alfery boat ramp which is ironically located on Twin Knobs road but not associated with the Twin Knobs campground because the pass we purchased at the campground was not sufficient. I parked in the car parking area, had no trailer, didn’t launch a boat and had the Twin Knobs campground pass on my rear view mirror clearly visible. Even with all of this I still received a parking ticket. I went back to the main gate at Twin Knobs and wanted to know why I received a ticket. The lady at the gate mentioned that I needed a recreation pass and the pass I received from the campground was not the right pass. I asked her where at the Alfery Boat ramp it says you need an additional pass and her response was, “I don’t know it has been a long time since I have been to that boat ramp”. Knowing that I was fighting a losing battle getting the ticket exonerated or at least get a better understanding of the regulations that caused the ticket I went back to the campsite. Because of this we decided to cut the trip short and head back home. I would warn other campers about the difference between a camping pass and a recreation pass, even if you are not launching a boat, don’t have a trailer and have a camping pass. This campsite has rightfully earned the name Twin Screws (you get screwed on the way in, and screwed on the way out) within our camping group. Boaters, campers and people parking at Alfery beware.