The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Talmage , KANSAS

Camping Kansas Talmage Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Talmage Camping Reviews
Quick and easy

Quick, easy, and inexpensive stay right off the interstate. Water and electric on site and easy pull through parking spots. Clean bathroom and shower. Not very quiet considering the interstate is right next to it.

2020 Dec28

This is a great place to stay it’s about 30 minutes 20 minutes off of I 70 of very clean well-maintained no one bug me at all I don’t think there was another camper in the whole place morning sunrise was perfect over the water me and my dog slept very quietly and nicely all night long

Right of interstate

Huge place with lots of permanent campers. Felt safe and comfortable. Site facilities were in good shape. Late arrival instructions very thorough.

Quick and easy stay

It was super easy to pull off the highway and stay for the evening. We called late, about 11pm and they were great over the phone and just had a slip we filled out the next morning. I wasn’t sure where to bathrooms were and it was late so it was hard to find where they were. There was road noise and what seemed like construction but it was dark enough and right off the highway for a quick stay.

Good for a Night Pit Stop

A fairly large, clean RV park with full hookups, and amenities to include a laundry facility, bathrooms, playground, and dog runs. They do ask you to only hook up to water when in use so we just disconnected at bedtime. It's located right off the interstate and the traffic is easily heard so I wouldn't recommend if your sensitive to noise. Check out is a bit early, at 11am. Our only main complaint was our neighbors, we were parked near some full timers with little yapping dogs they left outside to go off anytime a leaf blew all night long. With how attended the park is I would have expected quite time to be enforced.

Nice stop for a night

Fairly easy to find and the roads are decent. Plenty of camping on the lake. All camping sites on side of lake with entrance. Nice level sites. Plenty of fire wood to forage. Great fishing. Was the only one camping but had some beaver neighbors catching fish all night. No hikes but a jog around the lake was pleasant. Beautiful sunrise on the lake. Wildlife heard all around. I enjoyed my stay

Great overnight stop

We arrived late while driving from CO to AR. The sites are large enough that we didn’t need to unhook. It’s close to a gas station to fill up before hitting the road again in the morning. Being right on I-70 was great for a quick stop over. Being that close to I-70 brought some noise that was easily drown out with our AC.

Roomy with showers

I camped there in early October and this campground appeared to have multiple spots for campers with horses. There were numerous horse pens along with some dispersed camping area. There looked to be a trail for horse riding nearby. It was a short walk to the showers, which were nice and warm. There was only one other camper at the campground when we went.

Nice clean park, friendly camp hosts

We stayed here from Oct 9-11th 2020, spot 2. It was a holiday weekend, so the park was pretty packed, but the other campers were friendly. The spots were not too terribly close together, and all the utilities worked well. The table, fire pit and bbq grill were standard park equipment and in good functioning order. The bath/shower house was modern, functional, and impressively clean. The river access from our spot was limited, with one treacherous trail behind our camp. However, the public access point in the park was a little steep but otherwise easily accessible.

Our only downsides : our spot was kind of small, I had to unhook my truck and park next to our 20’ trailer to not stick out into the road. The dump station in the park was out of service so we had to drive across the dam to the state park, which wasn’t really an issue. There was a very rowdy crowd in the campsite over who were somewhat obnoxiously loud Friday and Saturday, but we didn’t let it bother us.

All in all, a great little campground to access all the features at Kanapolis Reservoir.

Full hook up campground

Hickory Hollow is a mostly shaded campground with full hook ups. Some are on cement pads the inner loop sites are too close for my liking but the other loop is ok. This area is very peaceful. There is a fire ring and table at each site. There are restrooms here and a dump station