Camping in Wallace

Recent Hike-In Reviews Near Wallace, Iowa

20 Reviews of 11 Wallace, Iowa Campgrounds

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Nice place to camp for the night

Quiet, empty and very clean bathrooms!! Fires allowed, picnic benches and just a short walk to the grotto of redemption.

Sitewest campground
J
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Just what we needed

We just needed a place to stay for the night. The playground was rated “amazing” by our kids. The electrical and water are a little spaced out. We took the end spot and count quite reach our two water hoses. There two long-term campers who were hooked up to the water spigot closest to us. The…

Donald N.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Outstanding !

Peaceful and relaxing camp. Camp hosts are friendly and incredibly helpful!!! 3 Reservable full hook ups, otherwise first come.

SiteStayed at several sites there
s
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Would not reccommed

The guy gave me an address that lead me to an abandoned barn so I was then 40 mins out of the way.

Alan J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Very nice campground

We stayed at this very clean, small city park campground. Hardly anyone was there I think I counted 5 other there. We stayed on our trip out west. Would recommend.

Paul A.
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Small but big enough

Cheap full hookup when passing through.

VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Nice

Staying here during trip to SD, April is cold bit nice check in process. Clean and level site. Large site and we'll spaced out. Super nice lady, owner?, Checked me in and was super nice. No water hook up due to weather but glad we chose this as a place to stay. Would recommend for price with…

Jesse G.
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2021

Great little site

Stayed for a wind project last February1st through March. Clean showers and restrooms and great owner

Gary E.
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2020

Martin's Access

Primitive camping was awesome

Wally B.
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2020

Awesome Sunset!

Really nice spot almost overlooking the lake (Through the trees), had fire ring, picnic tables and room for quite a lot of tents! For me and my family it was perfect!

Alex C.
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2020

Feels like you're in the woods.

This camp ground is surrounded by farm land including our own. The only down side is the lake is shallow so fishing is best early early camping season. The showers are also odd to get dressed since there's no mat so maybe go in with a swim suit. Cell service is sketchy! If you like backpacking in…

A
Reviewed May. 20, 2020

Amazing

Amazing place to stay!

Levi L.
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2019

Typical small town campground.

Decent little dock and shelter house. Dump station. Campfire rings and picnic tables. Bathrooms were decent. Electrical hookup only. Kids screaming and people partying super late.

Jeff J.
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2019

Would not recommend due to poor customer service.

Disclaimer: I have not visited this park.  I planned to visit August but decided against it due to the poor customer service and lack of professionalism. The number provided above is correct, but whoever is answering the phone immediately sounds annoyed and gives the impression that he couldn't…