Camping in Bulgers Hollow

48 Reviews of 13 Bulgers Hollow, Iowa Campgrounds

Jim C.
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Small but great

Small but great. The owner Jeff helped is alot made us feel at home

SiteRV 8
sThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Quiet, clean, comfortable

Car camping in my Prius and wanted to stay in a non electric (ie tent) space for $12 but all the tent spaces didn’t seem to have anywhere flat to park. From what I could see, most of the nonelectric/tent were down at the bottom of slopes. Ended up paying the $18 and staying in a nice electric spot…

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Nice family campground

Clean large site. Lots of hiking trails. Clean showers and toilets. Also has clean vault toilets.

ZThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Much needed

When looking for a cheap clean quiet campground this is a good pick...

ZThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Very much needed

I truly was in need of a fresh nights air stars n the moon.. rain not so great but the sun came out to grace us with his presence lucky

Penny R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

One of my all time local faves

This place is awesome! The whole winnebago county system is wonderful, but the trails and views here, along with the quiet is my fave. Clean vault toilets, clean garbage bins, water ect. Electric sites available with dump stations.

• lovely fire
  • she needs a rest!
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2021

Beautiful, peaceful, friendly and helpful.

Beautiful surroundings of shade trees. The cleanest restrooms and showers I have ever seen. Can’t wait to return to the new area for RV’s and 5th wheels! Full hookups AND so reasonable priced. Staff was very friendly and helpful especially after a summer cross wind storm went through and took…

• Shady, quiet place.
  • Left picture 1974 -one of our first dates right here at Loud Thunder. The Right picture is 2020 after 45 years of marriage.
  • Same here. Left picture Me in 1974 fishing with my sweetie. The Right picture is 2020. Still fishing with the love of my life ❤️
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2021

What happened to the foliage?

We had hoped to spend the night here but when we got to the site it was or seemed like a flat vacant lot. There was electrical and water at each RV site but absolutely no privacy. The equestrian camp felt like there was a possibility but far from the bathroom. But many trails that start at the…

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2021

Great RV Site

Large RV site with electrical and water hook-up at each spot. Office is open Mon-Sat til 8 pm. They sell firewood. You are right on the Mississippi and that ain’t nothing to sneeze at. Tent camping also allowed. You are near the train tracks but the noise is barely discernible.

Maddi Q.
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Twas cold

We decided to camp here last minute, booked online and saved a few bucks! There’s some neat camp spots in a grassy area for tents and some electric hook ups. I think there were showers here too! I enjoyed the evening here!

Sitebackcountry

Month of VisitApril
Jim B.
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2021

Quite ......except for the occasional trains. 🤔

It is a small camping area with the standard amenities. I like it because you can se the barge traffic on the river. I have camped here on more than several occasions.

Site#12
James M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2021

Good Forested Lake Campground Preserve

Good campgrounds with trails including equestrian options, and water! Can rent canoes, kayaks, and pontoons! Bait shop, fishing, food options with town just a few miles away. Mississippi River near by for big river options. Lota of wildlife with bald eagles near by. Scout Camp nearby.

Meg K.
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2020

Fun place to go

We have only been to this campground one time because we wanted to try something new. We had a lot of fun there playing in the water on the beach however my son who was five at the time got a really bad bacterial rash from the water. Other than that we had a really good time and the campground was…