This campground is near home so I know it well.
The campground itself is nice, with some decent sized campsites, many having a great view of upper Pine Lake. There are flush toilets and showers. Campsites have electric hookups. It can get busy during peak season!
Some of the campsites are near the lake, some are near the road. Noise is usually not a problem as the road has a 35mph speed limit by the campground.
Things to do: (so much to list!)
- Paddle on upper or lower Pine Lake
- Fishing, shore or boat (lake, stream, or river)
- Bicycle trails
- Hiking trails (all around lower Pine Lake)
- Beach swimming (lower only)
- Float or paddle nearby Iowa River (tube and boat rentals nearby)
- Eat, replenish supplies in nearby Eldora