Camping in Tangier

170 Reviews of 14 Tangier, Indiana Campgrounds

Whitley S.
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Family Reunions

We hold our annual Family reunion here every year! Very affordable for everyone traveling into town. Huge Pavilions to rent with access to restrooms and playgrounds. Also great aquatic center that’s cheap!!

Month of VisitOctober
A
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Great for a relaxing weekend!

Not a ton of hiking trails but the site was shaded and good size and the pool was really nice! Very quiet even though it was packed, and there were tons of families around. Will definitely keep on our list!

k
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Nice wooded spots

We had spot 234, big, wooded, close to clean shower house, close to playground. State park is great hiking. Avoid the inner part of that loop if you want any shade, it is an open area.

Brett K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Great group camping

We stayed for a long weekend. Large group set up in sites 236-244. Great shaded area. Lots of play space for the kids.

• looking up the road from 243
  • looking up the road from 243
Rowan G.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Good amenities, great proximity to state park

Site 91 was tucked away in a more forested area away from RVs. Did a nice kayaking loop using their service. Had everything you needed, very chill experience. Will return fsho.

Kevin D.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Clean-good trails

Stayed Spring 2021. Site 108 is clean, level and well groomed. Close to bath house facilities.

Steve D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Been going here since I was a kid

I love this place. The campground is pretty packed but with hiking as good as they have, I’m not surprised. I’d definitely do some hiking and I recommend canoeing sugarcreek as well.

Brett K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Great camping spot

Love this clean and quite campground. It has a clean lake and clean restrooms.

• near the south point of the peninsula.
Douglas B.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Great hiking trails

Well maintained trails and campground. We love everything about this place.

Site110?
Month of VisitOctober
Steve H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

Hiking

Decent camping sites, the camp store had basics but not much. Very few hiking trails near campground. With a park and lake of this size I would expect more hiking options.

Site005 in Poplar Grove
Jeremie B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Great Park

This is a Great Park, my wife and I camp here all the time. Large sites, because they are very wooded lots of shade, not far from downtown, also close to shopping (i.e. Walmart, Meijer). Lots to do in the park as well, fishing, archery, bike riding, canoe/kiak dock, and lots of very nice trails for…

Site19,26,16,39,27
Katie H.
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Beautiful place, especially during the week

We really enjoyed our stay here. We arrived on Thursday on April 29th and the place was empty. Some of the sites are pretty close together, but we booked site 41 which is a double site. I'd highly recommend this site. It backs up to Sugar Creek which is just gorgeous in the spring. We saw all kinds…

• View of site 43 (empty) and 41 (with truck and brown RV). 41 is a double site so u can park your vehicle there.
  • View of Sugar Creek from site 41 fire pit
lThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Raccoons , Raccoons, Raccoons..lol

It is a lovely park. Especially if you have a boat. They have a separate swimming area its kinda like its own cove. They have a camp store that is okay. They dont have much to choose from but there is a DG just down the road. Excellent fishing and fun trails to explore. The adorable raccoons are…

Siteprimitive.
S
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Great Campground

This is a great campground. We stayed at site 30, a modern site with water, electric and sewer. Sharing of water and electric between two sites, so come prepared with extensions for water and electric. Only sites are next to us. Woods behind and open grass and field in front of this site. …

Jacob A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2021

Park is only 30 minutes from my house, but I love camping here

We visit this park often throughout the year to ride the nice paved bike trails and take pictures of the restored prairie and wildflowers.  We also take our first camping excursion of the season here to make sure the camper is good to go for the season.  The full hook up sites book up quickly, and…

• Site 160, full hook up