The best YURTS camping near
Metamora , INDIANA

Most Recent Metamora Camping Reviews
Stay in Loop A or B!

We love this campground. The sites in the B loop are pull through and can be converted to buddy sites (camping with a friend - face your awnings toward each other). I think you can get a travel trailer on A, B, E & G loops too but with the other loops you may be parking on the grass. The sites are sloped on loops C, D & F.

There's also a great creek off B loop that you can walk including a fun waterfall with a 'swimming hole'.

The lake has a horsepower limit and is great for kayaking or using a SUP.

There are several hiking trails near the B loop - one winds around to the lower campground. Nice elevation change. Other trails near B loop are much easier to navigate for anyone - even those with mobility challenges or pushing a stroller.

Fun campground for pop-up campers

My wife and I had a great time visiting Hueston Woods and visiting the Raptor Center. Located north of Cincinnati along Ohio’s border with Indiana.

We stayed here with our pop up camper and felt right at home. The bathrooms and shower houses could use some updates and there were no full hook up sites when we went but our site was nice and quiet.

Our dog, loved the miniature golf and visiting Acton Lake.

Had a great time!!

A great destination for the motorcycle camper! Some really fun country roads in the area, but close to the highway aswell! The grounds are well kept. While the place is family and kid friendly, there’s still a good time/party vibe goin on too!

Our go to campground

Houston’s Woods has long been our camping spot. We live in Preble County so it is quick and easy to get to. It is fairly well-maintained, besides the putt putt course that could use some TLC. The kids like riding their bikes up and down the hills and walking on the trails. You can also go play in the creek to cool off

Love!!

We love Hueston Woods! We have been there twice now and tent camp. A lot of the sites are large and have enough space for everything you need! The beach is a short distance away and love that they also include a dog swimming area. The bathrooms are a little outdated but the park is very well kept.

Awesome

Really friendly staff. Love when they put concerts on. Love the swimming pool.

I stayed at this campground for only a night but it was a nice experience. I’m not sure how crowded it would be on holidays but there was hardly anyone there during this time. The little shop was closed because of covid of course but there was someone around to tell us where to go. The campsites are pretty large and flat for the most part. We did see a staff member clean the outhouses on both days. A raccoon did visit us during our night by the fire so I guess I would say watch out for them! We hiked on the bike trail that was in the campgrounds and it was a very nice hike, very beautiful as well. They also have a beach that you can drive to. It was kept nice and clean. I would definitely visit there again.

Fun in the rain

A big park with lots to do. It rained all weekend but kids loved it!

Loud neighbors

We tent camped here a few years ago and had the loudest neighbors. The brought a chainsaw to cut up wood, let their little kids roam wild and packed up around 6am. Our spot had no privacy either. We’ve tried to give this campground another chance but can never find spots that look decent.

Amazing.

I’ve been camping here every summer since I was a child. There is always a lot to do for all age groups. They’ve also added in a dog park which is perfect for my fur babies! There’s plenty of trails for hiking and adventuring. Archery range, plenty of spots to fish and keep everyone occupied! Love this campground and will continue to come back for many years to come!