Camping in Lapland

187 Reviews of 16 Lapland, Indiana Campgrounds

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Very clean

We stayed for the 3 days after Labor Day and the campground was immaculate. No trash from previous campers at the campsites and the restrooms were spotless.

• Our campsite
Month of VisitOctober
D
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Very nice campground

My wife our dogs and I camped here from 08/20/21- 08/22/21 camping in a Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 TB. The campground had a nice playground and we really enjoyed the area.

D
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Nice campground, our first time camping with our Travel Trailer

My wife our dogs and were at site 207 from 05/14/21- 05/16/21 camping in a Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 TB. We had reservations at this campground prior to purchasing our travel trailer so we camped in a primitive, the roads were pretty tight getting the trailer back to our reserved site. The…

Nancy B.
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2021

We stopped in for the night on our way west. The check in was easy and the young lady was helpful in picking us a great spot. It’s quiet and very clean! If we lived closer I would definitely come back!!!

Corey M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Not nice

We tried to camp here one night on a trip along 70 and we got there pretty late so we were driving around trying to orient ourselves and essentially found that there were no spots. We were trying to turn around and get out but it’s like a maze in there. Which is not a diss on this campground. That…

Clay S.
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

Family trip

This is a great camp ground to just get away an relax. The hiking is short but very nice.

Site16 in modern
Brandon A.
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2021

great

grateful great

Site12'x@z-
Steve D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Been going here since I was a kid

I love this place. The campground is pretty packed but with hiking as good as they have, I’m not surprised. I’d definitely do some hiking and I recommend canoeing sugarcreek as well.

Month of VisitOctober
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Nice, big campground

A very large campground with tent and rv camping. Gets very busy.

Gretchen G.
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Great family spot

This campground is great! The creek is awesome for catching tadpoles and minnows. And definitely take time to float or kayak down the river. The pond is stocked with GIANT fish (catch and release only) and definitely go for a hike over at Turkey Run. Our site (4) was a good location for us,…

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Welcoming, clean, and beautiful!

My daughter and I had our very first camping experience in our new converted van at McCormick’s Creek. When you arrive, there is a minimal entrance fee of $7. You are given a map and directions to your destination. Everyone was so kind and helpful. I didn’t know what to expect as this was my first…

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Close Quarters

The manager Tina and her husband are great people but the camp sites are to close together and we would not camp here again. The sites are difficult to get into and although they allow one car on the site there is barely room for that one car. The electric is shared with another site which could be…

• our neighbors
  • another shot of our neighbirs
  • toilets
Bianca R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Great place for easy hiking

Generally well kept. Two large lakes on the property for fishing. A handful of trails that are easy to moderate.

Cedar O.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Fireflies for days

Beautiful and very quiet. Don’t bother buying firewood because it’s Impossible to start a fire here. We dumped about half our cooking oil on and still no dice after like an hour and a half.