Camping in Circleville

131 Reviews of 21 Circleville, Indiana Campgrounds

m
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2021

Friendly staff

Woods and waters campground is a friendly family oriented campground. The facilities are well kept. There is a playground and pool. There is a pond to fish. They offer long term, short term and full time rates. Close to the interstate and shopping. It is close to the interstate and at times when…

• satalite view
  • we are long term so we decorated the fire pit
  • the sites are decent size
Month of VisitOctober
Connie P.
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2021

Camping is great!!

I remember coming here for years, in diapers even and I’m 47 now. Brought my kids and my grandkids. I have been there almost every weekend for the past 2 months. I absolutely love camping here and would recommend it to everyone. Thanks for so many good memories ❤️

Site98, 90, 204 just to recall a few
Jennifer H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2021

No longer Westward Ho.

I stayed at this area before it was renamed to Friends O' Mine. Was a nice place for a quick stop but being so close to the highway, was extremely loud. Half of the sites have shade and half do not. Cute little pond to walk around but I wouldn't recommend swimming.

Brett K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

We love this little gem!

Hiked in the morning on some great trails. Well maintained and mostly stone covered. Most have trail markers. You walk along the river during parts of trail 5. Very peaceful. Biked during the afternoon. Ok I modified my review. The trains at 3 am was annoying. Just saying.

• trail 5
  • trail 5
Christina A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2021

Loved it!

Spent the weekend in the primitive sites with friends. Poured the entire weekend but had a great time.

M
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2021

Great weekend getaway

We booked 5 days before and were pleasantly surprised at how good of a site we had. Pretty level, plenty of room for our 43’ fifth wheel. We didn’t swim but the beach looked nice. We did fish a little.

SiteB19
Ruby P.
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Nice Campground

Mounds is a lovely state park, and the campground is nice, but certainly not one of my favorites. I would return for a weekend excursion, but probably not for an extended stay. Campground was a bit loud due to proximity to the airport. We came right after a big rain and a lot of the sites were…

• Site 70. Restrooms are towards the left
  • flooded creek near the campground
  • Meeting of two creeks near the campground
Month of VisitMarch
Heidi D.
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2021

Happening Place

Busy, fun atmosphere this weekend but quiet enough in our area. We stayed across from the playground in Loop B and it felt less crowded because we were across from a field. Plenty of trees for shade. Beautiful area.

Ben Jason N.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

LodgeTastic

My partner and I stayed at the campsite. Our spot was great and the hiking was super convenient and amazing! The lodge was SO awesome. A true staple of the 60’s. The food there is a must! Best brisket and pizza we’ve ever had hands down.

Sitecampgrounds

Site12'x@z-
Tim L.
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Nice family spot

The lake and beach area are great. Clean water for swimming. The campground spots are small (too close together) and they don't enforce the quiet time curfew. Neighbors partying till 2am with music that we drowned out with ac running constantly.

J
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Nice but bathrooms need updated

The campground and area is nice. The campers are pretty much all about the water activities. The big lake is nice and long with multiple no wake areas. There are a couple of beach areas. The camp bathrooms are concrete block and pretty clean but old and need updates. Great shower pressure! The…

Site30 amp only.
amber P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Nice state park

Nice trails, swim pad  for kids, next to casino

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2021

Great place to stay, just watch your reservation

Hueston Wood, a real gem. The park is about 3000 acres with a beautiful sailing / fishing lake. There is a beautiful lodge and golf course, archery range, and plenty of hiking paths and equestrian paths.

The biggest issue for us was the description of the site at C36 was nothing like the…

• Gravel/grass site
  • Pavilion
  • Entrance to the A/B loops
SiteB loop
Abigaile J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

I’m kind of on the rocks about this site

Honestly coming in, we were a little suspicious because it doesn’t seem like a RV park and since we didn’t have anything to reference we kept going.

We found an empty site just across from the playground but we camped in the car. There is water hookup, a fire pit, and electrical outlets, and…

SiteB-3