Camping in Williamsburg Hill

159 Reviews of 24 Williamsburg Hill, Illinois Campgrounds

B
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Great small park!

This is a real nice small park. Each site has great privacy and has very spacious sites. Close to Eastern Illinois University and lake Charleston which has trails.

t
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Koa Springfield

Clean, nice playgrounds for kids. Putt golf was a little run down. A little muddy as it rained that morning, but not a mud pit like some campgrounds. Showers clean, host very friendly. Everyone was extremely nice, but not in your face with it.

Russ  G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Great Overnight stop

Nice, quiet campground. Very friendly hosts, great hours, and an on-site small bar!!

Jacqueline F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Not much other than the lake

If you have a boat, canoe, kayak, float this is a great campsite for you. The trails were flooded and we didn’t get any internet reception, but we had some great sunrise views. Some of the spots aren’t level and not much space to put your outside gear. The bathrooms were decent.

• sunrise over lake shelbyville
t
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Not bad

A lot of golf carts driving around all day and night. Sites are a little to close. Trees in the shaded spots don’t allow you to put your awning out.

D
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Forrest Bo Woods, Corp of Engineer campground

One of the nicest on the lake. Clean, well maintained, nice spacious spots, boat ramp and parking, dog run, playground. Reservation made on Recreation.gov. Sometimes available spots for one night. Can stay for two weeks in thirty day period.

s
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Double J

I love this place,we always come camping here. It’s got every thing here on the camp

SiteN91
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Fire Fly Lakeside Digs

Got in after dark and self checkin midweek was a breeze. I got my payment confirmation first thing in the morning. I couldn’t figure out the WiFi password without standard checkin. Oh well. This space is peaceful, clean, and has a nice vibe.

• RV spot with a deck
  • welcome big and small
  • tent 1
SiteTent 1
T
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Peaceful Campground

We stayed on site 39. Quiet view of woods and part of cove. Plenty of parking and can walk down to the lake. Water hookup and electric. Full hookups available closer to front of park. We like quiet and this site was great. I tent camp too and the sites at the end of our "leg" look great. …

• Boat ramp at Opossum Creek Campground
Mike  D.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Great Views and well maintained campground.

We got 4 families from our block together to get down to this campground for the 4th of July weekend. We reserved sites 27, 28 and 29.  27 is right down by the water and has amazing views. We used this as our hang-out and cooking area. I'd suggest getting 27 and 28 as they are kind of on top of…

• From from 28 to 27
  • Site 27
Site27, 28 and 29
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2021

Last minute stop

We needed a one night stop and found this great place!! Family owned and they do a wonderful job of taking care of the customers. I would stay here longer, there is swimming, fishing, short hiking trails and is very quiet.

Maria H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2021

Wet

The only thing wrong with this campground is when it rains you will be ankle deep in water. When dry though it is great. Clean spacious bathrooms/showers. The staff is very friendly!

SiteB7
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2021

Nice campground, very quiet, secluded

Lots of wonderful signs directing you to the campground once you exit the interstate. Secluded. Quite. Not crowded, even when it's full. The roads leading to the campground are narrow, luckily we didn't encounter someone coming the other way! Campground could use some extra gravel on their…

sThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

My favorite kind of campsites

Campground is off the beaten path, lots of space to spread out, and the top 4 amenities (electricity, water, flush toilets and showers). It’s not the cleanest bathrooms but certainly not the worst. Close to a Walmart for all your need and great sunsets too. Plus pets are allowed

• campsite #5
  • sign details. a campground rep found me around 7pm to collect my fee
  • bathrooms and showers
patricia D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Serene site

For my Tent only camp site. I loved it. It’s spacious it’s for the most part shaded. It is right next to the lake. I get some views. In the pictures I posted you’ll see what I’m talking about. As far as the campground I did take a drive around it’s pretty big n has a lot of shaded sites. I think…

• Home sweet home for seven days
  • Unfortunately the bushes were there. If they were gone you’d have a better view of the lake