The best BOAT IN camping near
Sunbeam , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Sunbeam Camping Reviews
Off season parking

Nice beach walk and next to a small town. Came in December to find they close the campground for the season but there’s lots of small lots to park overnight.

Love the "pencil tree forest".

My family stayed on site 21 in our popup and had a great time. We LOVED the pencil tree forest. There are only a handful of campsites w electric in this circle of trees. Although these types of trees don't offer a lot of privacy I still enjoyed it. Our site was a short walk down to the lake which we used for fishing. There is a water pump and latrine in the circle. We did not go in the shower house so can't attest to the cleanliness.

We love camping at Argyle!

Our kids love argyle for the paved roads they can easily ride bikes on, the 2 playgrounds and the room to run! We love it because of the spacious sites and options to hike and bike.

Nice!

The sites in the pines are very nice. They have fc/fs sites. Spacious sites. Nice facilities.

Great Spot

We are so thankful we found this park. Most occupants are simi-annual residents, but there are still several nice, quiet, shady spots to be found. Everyone is friendly. There are 2 clean but dated bathhouses available. It’s the most reasonably priced campsite that we have found so far.

My favorite spot

I’ve camped here several times at the primitive sites. It’s a decent hike in but once you get there, the view of the lake is worth it. It’s just a nice, peaceful place to camp. I’ve always been able to find a campsite since it is first come first serve. The host is very friendly and seems like he’s been the host there for years. They have canoes to rent and you’re bound to see cranes and ducks along the way. Just be weary of the geese by the reservoir because they can be moody! My boyfriend and I try to go at least once a year because we just love it there.

Lovely

It was booked solid but you can not tell. Very quiet and peaceful campground.

Nice Place

One of our favorite places to camp, kayak, and fish. The only downside side is no water/sewage hookup.

Horrible place.

No sewer dump, can’t be hooked up to water. No bathrooms or shower houses. Not at all thrilled. Not enough room for 2 full size vehicles to park on pad. Have to park in a parking lot.

Right up on the river

This campground is right on the river. They have 30 and 50 amp hookups. Is a popular place to camp in the area. At night there is some parties going now but never too loud to be a problem. Host is located right when you pull in. All camp sits are evenly distributed. Decent amount of space between spots. Has some trees so it’s shaded in spots. Town located very close has a bar and grill with really good food and a gas station right next door.

Year 2021 Flag