The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
New Douglas , ILLINOIS

Most Recent New Douglas Camping Reviews
No Camping

There is a homemade sign that says no camping. I wish we would have known that before we got here. As far as I could tell the website said it’s open.

Was a nice stay

Have camped here a few times and have walked the trails for years. I camped at the primitive sites my first time. The sites were clean and fairly well maintained for primitive. Picnic table and fire pit were in good shape. Plenty of shade! Camp host were very nice and helpful. Non flushable restrooms were clean and stocked. It stormed pretty bad the second night there. Woke up to find my tent wasnt so waterproof. But made most of it that morning because I was also leaving that day. On my second most recent trip we stayed in the loop on an electrical site. Once again the sites were clean and the fireplace was clean and ready. Camp host were once again very helpful and polite. The kids had a great time even though due to covid-19 the playground was closed. The only reason I am giving 4 stars is the fact that the trails and bridges were in horrible condition. It was heartbreaking to see them in this condition as I've walked them since a child.

Very well kept up

Clean and very nice campsites.

Great local place

Hometown, go to place! 2 campgrounds, (Hickory Point on the lake) (deerrun in the woods). Both great at different times of the year depending on wind and temperatures.

Good time was had

Went in late April and had a good time with not ideal weather. Kid had a blast at playground with other kids. Cold showers but said they were looking into it. Shut down some karaoke party in a loop around 9pm. Will go back.

Basic, friendly hosts, clean, lots of RV's

We camped midweek in October. The hosts were very friendly and accommodating. The showers and bathrooms were clean. It was cold! We were in a camper van. We should have brought firewood, as firewood was only available at an exorbitant price for very few pieces. We were told that the campgrounds filled up on the weekends with fishermen.

Great place for rvs and tents alike

Lots of room, easy maneuvering for trailers/rvs, electric and water at each site; on site manager (at least in the summer) bery pretty lake

Nice spot just off the interstate

This is my camping spot of choice when visiting starved rock state park. They have great walk in camp grounds only a couple hundred yards from your car! Makes for a more secluded feel but everything you need is only a short walk away!

Fish and Relax

This is a great little place to go fishing and just spend some time relaxing. Deer Run is mostly trailers and RVs, but can easily accommodate tent campers, and is less crowded than Hickory Point. The campground hosts are very friendly and helpful. The lake and surrounding area is beautiful!

Shad cap sites

Biggest draw back is no electricity in equestrian sites. There’s is water and toilets trails aren’t marked real well but very wide nicely maintained to.