Glasgow , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Glasgow Camping Reviews
Simple, everything you need.

Bathrooms/Showers are decent. Maintained nicely. Can be quite loud when full.

Perfect

Best campground hands down mellow and friendly

A nice getaway

A friend discovered this gem a while back and we now frequent it. Super inexpensive for the space that you get. Free firewood. We have only stayed at the largest site as it has good fishing and a place for us to launch our paddleboards and kayaks. We easily fit a dozen people over the 4th of July. Nice hiking trails near. Watch for ticks. Don’t be alarmed if you see cats or the neighbors dogs roaming around the site. They are friendly.

Great time

Had an excellent time, good views of the lake and not many people. Campsites were decent and the shower/toilet facilities too.

Loved it!

We rented two cabins for the weekend and loved the place. Cabins were modern and clean overlooking the pond. They offer kayaks, canoes, and peddle boats free to campers. There is an open cabin with games, books, and WiFi. Basketball court, play area, and outdoor games. Staff were friendly and helpful. Truly a gem of a find.

I’ve been coming here since I was a kid...

We always stay in the main campground area. Either in a normal camper, pop-up, or tent, Siloam is a perfect place to stay. The bathroom and showers are good, and the walk from the main circle of sites is super close. The pines give great cover when hot and add that familiar pine sent to the whole park.

From hiking to fishing to boating/kayaking, there is a lot offered. I prefer to spend most of my time hiking and every once in a while, I will rent a kayak. The trails are pretty well marked and are best in mid/late fall or early spring. We’ve redone them numerous times and still enjoy them. My favorite trails are the Red Oak and Hoot Owl!

My family and I have always enjoyed Siloam Springs as a good weekend getaway!

Quiet

Lots to do here in the middle of nowhere! It's a county park, so you have basketball courts, soccer field, disc golf course, and a beautiful reservoir. Showers and restrooms. Electric at sites

Great family friendly campground

Great place to stay and feel part of the community.  Pretty scenery to walk around.  Plenty of lakes/ponds to fish.  We couldn't boat while there due to COVID but look forward to going back and taking our kayaks.  Attentive and Friendly camp hosts. Pet friendly. Close to town if you've forgotten anything or want to have a restaurant dinner. Close to the highway for easy access.  Full hookup available. Monthly or Season also available.

Nice and peaceful

My family and I went mid April during quarantine because we needed to get out of house with kids. Campground was a perfect escape from reality for a weekend. Had a blast, pond was nice, did some fishing, rode bikes, walked trails. Will definitely go back again.

Beautifully kept municipal campground

I stayed here for one night in a tent. There were some locals having a birthday party at the gazebo. They were friendly and told me that the attendant had left for the day. So resorted to leave the fee in a mailbox near the official's RV. The campground is right above a lovely, which I rode around on my bicycle in about thirty minutes. The showers are quite nice, with hot water and no additional cost. I would definitely stay here again.