Camping in Dogwood

52 Reviews of 9 Dogwood, Illinois Campgrounds

D
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Nice large campground

My wife and were at site 20 from 09/10/21 - 09/12/21 camping in a Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 TB. This site appears to be one of the smaller of the electric campsites, we are new to RV camping and I am still gaining experience in backing our travel trailer into sites. Although one of the smaller…

Month of VisitOctober
K
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2021

Indiana beauty

We are new to camping but definitely enjoyed staying here last weekend. Lots of space for each camp site and the restrooms were clean with good showers. The kids LOVED the pool but weren’t as excited about the hiking since there wasn’t any “rugged” trails 🤣

B
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Great small park!

This is a real nice small park. Each site has great privacy and has very spacious sites. Close to Eastern Illinois University and lake Charleston which has trails.

M
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

3rd time here

We've stayed here for a few nights in the past. We have peaceful, quiet nights, nice facilities, good Wi-Fi, shade. We always enjoy our stay.

F
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

Nice park

It’s a really nice park with great trails just wish the primitive camping would have been open I’m sure $20 for a rv site is a good price but it’s a little high for a tent camper like me

Cris C.
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Memorial trip

Nice clean park plenty of trees ..will need to fill up with fresh water at park .. we camped at lot 85 $20 a night $30 Friday- Sunday .. pier for fish .. didn't catch much .. Several small towns around for food and supplies ..the park restaurant wasn't open when we were there but I heard it was…

N
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Shakamak State Park

A little known State Park.. Campground was awesome. Large sites, lots of outside activities, and great camp hosts. Will definitely be back. The park is making several upgrades should be an even better place on next visit.

Jeremie B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Great Park

This is a Great Park, my wife and I camp here all the time. Large sites, because they are very wooded lots of shade, not far from downtown, also close to shopping (i.e. Walmart, Meijer). Lots to do in the park as well, fishing, archery, bike riding, canoe/kiak dock, and lots of very nice trails for…

Site19,26,16,39,27
Brad B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Yearly spot

I'm 38 and have gone camping here one way or the other probably 30 years. Absolutely love it. It has spanned 4 generations now that go every year. Pretty sure my kids love it enough it will be a tradition, even if not every year they will make sure to come back and bring their families.

Sitecabin 14
Fran S.
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2021

Looking for a respite in the middle of Lincoln country? Fox Ridge State Park Satisfied.

We found out that the back loop was not available due to downed trees, but that didn't diminish the stay for us. (Back loop was no electric and normally first come, first serve.)

We couldn't reserve a site because it was March and because of the time of year, and Covid I suppose, so it was first…

Catherine T.
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2021

Beautifully quiet

i have been struggling with my life and went out here with someone trying to help me and had never heard of this place and we loved it.

We were the only ones there and I really don't have any negative thoughts about it..I was a bit bothered by one of the on site toilets..but it is like that in…

J
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2020

Riverside Park

This is a cute little place to spend an afternoon. Park benches and pretty scenery, but no real hiking trails or camp sites. Nice place for a lunch with friends.

Sarah S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2020

Great!

Camping spots are spacious but fill up quickly for the season. Boating, fishing, and lake swimming/beach area are great. The bath houses have vault toilets. Many weekends they have live music and/or activities for the family. Local officers patrol the area during busy weekends and the park is…

George
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2020

Very nice .

Nice place for big campers

Rich B.
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2020

Great time

The park is beautiful great hiking and biking. Rented kayaks and it was like glass on the lake. Very reasonable boat rentals. Campground was beautiful. Limit number of water sites but all have electric facilities were very well maintained. Too bad Covid closed the pool