Camping in Diamond Lake

290 Reviews of 28 Diamond Lake, Illinois Campgrounds

David H.
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Nice place to camp

Depending on what you're looking for obviously during the week like most campgrounds very peaceful and quiet lots of places to hike and kayak depending on what kind of camping you're doing RV travel trailer tent camping I found my campsites pretty nice mostly campsites are surrounded by woods so…

Month of VisitNovember
Dakota
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Great Camping!

We stayed at the Prairie View section on site P27. It was me, my wife, our 8 month old daughter, and our dog. One thing I always look up before booking a campsite is how secluded we are since our dog gets very anxious and will bark at almost anyone that gets “too close” in her eyes. This site…

• P27 tent and parking area
  • P27 fire and camp area
  • Picture on our hike
SiteP27
John M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Great camp right on Chain-O-Lake

Camp is on the Chain-O-Lake, if you like any type of boating. Fox Den site are space well. Good trails for both walking and biking.

SiteFox Den 28
Edward M.
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

one per year free weekend for deniors

nice camp for close to Chicagoland canoe and rowboat rental no motars no inflateables daily or yearly fee for privately owned kraft. fishing with state license and inland trout stamp

Heather P.
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Lovely camping experience

We took our 2 Newfoundlands camping on a long weekend. Just needed to take a break from our everyday life. Couldn't be happier from gate welcoming person to everyone else we met during our long stay. Pups were happy with cooler weather we were having.

We will definitely be back!!!

Emily M.
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Excellent Campground

This is a classic state park campground. It has drinking water, indoor bathrooms, and showers. The showers were chilly, but I could tell it was trying to warm up (maybe a water hookup thing).

The folks at the front were very kind and helpful. My friend and I biked from Chicago on Memorial Day…

• Beach
J
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2021

Great quiet place

Stayed for 3 nights over 4th of July. Got spot 38. Was a good spot with access to the trails. Quiet and set back. The platform for tents didn't fit our 6 man tent but the 2 man fit perfect. Bathrooms were not to far. Beautiful trees. Not to buggy.

rThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2021

Small but decent

The campground is small the rv sites are shallow and close to the road but otherwise most are fairly private. The staff was friendly all in all not a bad place

t
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

Enjoyable Experience

This State Park isn't too far off the beaten path which is nice. Fairly close to gas stations, convenience stores, etc. The park is clean, and has the bathrooms and utilities that would be needed. A few different lakes for fishing, swimming, boating, etc. The fox river runs through the park as…

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Great experience

The staff was friendly and helpful allowed me to drive in and look around to pick a site. The grounds were clean and you would never know you were in the city

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

No contact.

Tried to reserve a spot for my rv,and it took me three tries and got hung up on,and no reservation.

K
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

Good enough I guess

Biggest drawback was the road noise. You can hear whatever highway is nearby pretty clearly and constantly.

But if you’re not looking for something super remote then it’s fine! My site had room for 2 tents and was close to the road but still felt tucked away.

The fire pit is actually more like…

SiteT19
Therese T.
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

Beautiful serene park

We had a great stay. Level well maintained shady tent site. Bathrooms were fine. The camp hosts were nice. Can’t beat the views of Lake Michigan! Nice trails through the park. Beaches were too cold and rough waters for swimming, but we had an awesome time!

Alex M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Great views of lakefront

Clean showers, quiet, quick walk to the lakefront

C
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Felt like a trailer park

A pull through style RV park. Great if you have a toy hauler style camper, but if you're used to boondocking/ dispersed camping. Very very few spots with shade and trees. Felt like a trailer park not camping.