The best YURTS camping near
Moravia , IDAHO

Most Recent Moravia Camping Reviews
Lovely campground in huge state park

Lovely campground with good trees and privacy between sites. We stayed here end August 2029 in site 111 in the snowberry loop. There are good hikes in the campground but they don’t all connect to each other. Nicest one that I did was the one along the lake- beautiful views.

Something for Everyone

Farragut State Park, Idaho Lake Pend Oreille

Several areas to pick from. Group areas and campgrounds, shade and locality. Sites were very well maintained. Full hook up, Pit toilets and a few shower houses.

There is a model airplane field, bird watching area, and areas to park and unload horses and llamas.

Bayview, ID is nearby with a laundromat , grocery , etc. On site there is a small museum with the history of the area , a Tree to Tree Adventure Park and of course water activities galore.

AWESOME CAMPGROUND

Gilmore Campground Farragut State Park, Idaho Lake Pend Oreille

Who Knew?!!

I crossed the Montana / Idaho state line this morning and was pleasantly surprised at the AMAZING scenery . I’m from way over in Kentucky so maybe this is a best kept secret or it’s just not well advertised but NORTHERN IDAHO IS BEAUTIFUL!! I mean, someone says Idaho, I think potatoes/ farmland. So well played Idahoans! I stopped for an overnight at Farragut State Park. The staff was AMAZING! Friendly , informative and took the time to see if there were any cancellations or early departures in the crowded campgrounds. The campgrounds are well laid out in that there are many sites but they are situated in a way that still gives each site space for “stuff”. My site didn’t have a lot of shade but the breeze was enough that it was comfortable all day, temps in the 80’s. We may have hit the end of the mowing cycle or maybe they leave the grass rough cut due to it being dry. Our site was otherwise very well maintained. When I drove in the camp hosts were actually across the lane SWEEPING one of the cement pads clear of gravel. Full hook up, Pit toilets and a few shower houses. The shower house is on the other side of Gilmore CG. The sites over there have older trees and more shade. The general park map is lacking on the hiking trail venue. If you want to hike and in my opinion you do, see about getting a trail map or take a picture at one of the information stands. Even that map was not great, but useable. We took a stroll down through the woods and when we got to Lake Pend Oreille guess what?!! …. IT WAS AMAZING!! If you want a hike along the lake with easy to moderate difficulty 70 along Idlewilde Bay is excellent, it loops around by the parking lots and the shore. Plenty of spots for the dogs to get in and to swim. Once again there are trails coming and going and the trail markings are sometimes confusing but if you have a good sense of direction you’ll be fine.

Bayview, ID is nearby with a laundromat , grocery , etc. On site there is a small museum with the history of the area , a model plane field , a Tree to Tree Adventure Park and of course water activities galore.

Something for Everyone!

Farragut State Park in scenic Northern Idaho is a huge campground that is open year-round. It is like summer camp for families and truly has something for everyone; a HUGE and amazing obstacle course/tree park, disc golf, great trails for hiking, biking, and horseback riding. There is a beautiful lake for water sports and plenty of activities to do in the winter. Give yourself a week to enjoy this treasure!

Beautiful River Areas Nearby

Firewood was on site. This scenic bay like area features great swimming and hiking. Camp cites are very close to the water, and the sites themselves are well arranged. I came here in a group of students from my school and there was plenty of space for all of us to set up.

There is a place to get boats in the water, and their is a lot of tourist facilities set up such as restrooms and showers.

This camp ground is open in the winter too!

Sunny, no privacy, uncomfortable.

Pros: electric, water, and sewer at site.

Cons: all asphalt and gravel, no shade, too close to other campsites, barely any trees or barriers between sites.

Good only if you come in a big rv that can only drive on roads. Terrible for tent use, which was advertised for our site. From our campsite, you can see 10 other sites with no barrier between. Zero privacy. (Great with the neighbors crying children)

"Tent pad" is sharp gravel, good luck not ripping tent or puncturing your sleeping pad. Sunny as can be, only small baby trees in the campground, all of which are mostly dead.

Farragut state park is nice, but no beaches at lake to hang out on. A few trails to hike on, tree obstable course for kids, shooting range, and lake for kayaking or boating.

Bayview is an odd town close to park that does not seem very tourist friendly, but Lake House restaurant was good.

A really big park with lots to do

Pros: The park is beautiful. We had fun boating and swimming on the lake. Lots of bike riding and hiking. A good junior ranger program. A historic museum to visit and some old ruins to explore (in the dark?). FREE hot showers!!!!! Flat, clean campsites. Cons: They don’t allow hammocks. No dogs at the swimming beach. The camp host was not very friendly. The park is really big. It’s divided up into separate campgrounds (we stayed in whitetail) so it keeps the size from being overwhelming. But it still has the feel of a “big park”.

Perfect for family reunions

The park has new showers/restrooms that are absolutely beautiful! Only one in our loop- so quite a jaunt. Playgrounds. Near a lake for those who love water sports.

Checking in wasn’t the best experience. The lady at the desk was cross. When we mentioned we had stayed four nights at a previous location she went off on a tirade asking if we realized that we could only spend 14 consecutive nights in state parks.

We arrived at noon and got the last spot and it was pricy ($35.74). Checkout was 1:00pm but we were not allowed to bring our Popup trailer into the loop before 2:00 because they said the site had to be cleaned and that the hosts got mad if people came earlier.So we sat in the hot parking lot by the visitors center waiting for 2:00pm… only to be told we would probably need to move our vehicles before the lot filled with RVs which were coming in. Where ?
At the campsite, we gave the table a good scrub down.
Walk in sites are rare during peak season. You need a reservation. We were lucky but were told we can only stay one day. We won’t return.

Great swimming!

Huge park! Lots of things to do. Great swimming area. Tent pad at campsite was raked and flat. Junior Ranger program available Fri, Sat, Sun nights. 5 min drive to Silverwood! Downside, all playground equipment was removed due to being outdated and unsafe and no soap in the bathrooms.

Good for big groups

I have had multiple large family reunions in this area and all of them have successful and enjoyed by everyone young and old.