The best BOAT IN camping near
Pakala Village , HAWAII

Most Recent Pakala Village Camping Reviews
Day spot

I highly recommend not camping here. We went for the day and it was pretty dirty. The waterfall is unreal though, that’s why we were there!

Amazing

Beautiful beach spot. I highly recommend just spending the day here. Camping is very close together and tourists are always walking close by.

Amazing

This was my favorite hike in Hawaii. It was so beautiful I felt like I was in a movie! Make sure to bring lots of water and even a water pump or life straw, we ran out of water and thought we had brought too much initially. Also have a snack, I didn’t eat that day and my legs started shaking quite a bit.

Gorgeous spot to come see the water. We actually met a couple who had just got married here. We became lifelong friends with them, even to this day. They’ve come across the country to stay with us, this place will always have a place in my heart.

Epic hike

Kalalau is one of the best backpacking trips in the country. Please be respectful of the land and of others. The first part to the beach can be crowded with day hikers but the crowd thins out after that. Great views all the way!

Beautiful beach camping with car

Hey guys, from 07.02.2020 I have to hand over all camping equipment - tent, sleeping bag, air mattress, pillow, cutlery and travel bag - in Kauai. Please contact us if you are interested. Have fun traveling. Best wishes Isabel

Primitive perfection

How can you complain about a campground in paradise?!

On the Na Pali Coast trail at the halfway point near Hanakoa Falls is a few primitive spots to call home before venturing on.  Warning: The ground is wet (duh, it's Kauai) and "locals" tend to squat in the area.  There's a 3-sided shelter to get out of the rain, but that happened to be where a kidding was more or less living.  He was sweet and watched out things while we hiked to the waterfall - although he could have easily stolen everything we had.

The area feels so sacred and special that even if you may be miserable and wet, you can't help but feel at peace.

Tropical paradise with a killer rip tide

This is a GREAT campground with a beautiful beach that is tucked away.  It's way up the west side of the island but worth the trip to get away from the more touristy areas.  The sites were clean and clear and there was a nice amount of privacy.  The sites are right up to the beach but be careful because the rip tide can be killer!  It's one of the scariest experiences to get stuck out in the ocean and not have the capability of swimming to shore - it's just not possible.  Please be careful because there are no lifeguards out there and stop at a store before you drive out because it's pretty far from everything.  It's the farthest you can drive clockwise before you hit the N'Pali Coast.

Camping in a lost world

I have done the hike to this campsite 4 times in 4 years. Each year I anticipate going and each time I do it I find myself asking myself, "why am I putting myself through this torture?" Then I am rewarded with the my goal, The kalalau beach. Campsites are spread out with camping available anywhere in the treeline running the whole length of the nearly half mile long beach. The campsites are fare for being so remote but the real treasure here is in the beach. Sit for a sunset and you will understand. Be aware is an 11 mile hike in and an 11 mile hike out. Do your research and get your permits.

Get away from it ALL

LOVED a three day stay here camping on the sand and gazing out over the high bluffs to one of the best sunset views in all Hawaii. Rent a 4WD Jeep, take 80% of the air out of your tires and enjoy.