The best GROUP camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Wallston Camping Reviews
Great service

Pulled in for an overnight on a road trip. Got in around 7:00 and was offered food from a little hot kitchen on site which was a great convenience after being in the road. Escorted to site by an attendant, ensured that we had everything we needed, shortly after they left they returned with a few warm cookies as a thank you for staying. Campsite trash service and other conveniences that made for a great short experience. Will be back.

Great Lake front sites

Nice small campground. Very well maintained. Site18 was great for us and boat and 2 dogs. Most sites were large with plenty of space. Water and electricity but no sewer. Have dump station. Nice areas between site and lake. Cell signal was good for Verizon and AT&T was good to stream video. Bathrooms very clean and lots of shower room. They do have a playground as well. The boat ramp was easy to get to for our small fishing boat. Launched my kayak right from the site. Great sunsets. The 3,600 acre Lake Juliette was nice. It was calm most mornings but usually a little windy in afternoon. The GP power plant is close by. There is some road noise at some sites since it is just off the road. Would not like a few of the sites due to that. Maybe not so bad in summer with leaves on the trees. Paul and Sue were very nice camp hosts and informative about the area. Had a great time. Looking forward to coming back in warmer weather and the fish are biting. Gave 4 stars due to road noise only. May not bother most people.

Good Overnight Stop

This was a good overnight site.  Typical KOA pull through where you are close to your neighbor.  They have a small dog park which is a bonus.  Staff was friendly and helpful.

Community Effort

Unfortunately the weather wasn’t the best when we stayed here. I want to go back in the summer and hike the long trail. When we arrived there was obviously an event going on. The small town along the front of Indian Springs State Park seems to be very in tune with the park. There is an event center, excellent restaurant and small gas/grocery right by the entrance. The campground was full even though it was February, which once again speaks to the community and residents. Not the most private sites but they are roomy. I was way to close to the playground. Screaming children are annoying… I’m not referring to yelling and cavorting. These were squalling, screeching hellions with no regard to others around them. One even made a rush at my dogs as I was walking by :( Not much view but you are above some water. No trail near the campground unfortunately. I did not use the showerhouse, it was conveniently located, but was the only one so I’m sure it gets busy.

We enjoyed the nature trail but skipped the longer more difficult trail due to incoming weather. Saw some deer, not much else. Not a well marked trail but we figured it out. I saw people headed to the spring with empty containers and the falls or cascades, were very beautiful.

Great stop if you’re passing through

Stopped here to camp overnight on our way down to Florida from Ohio. Arrived around 9:30 and was able to check-in after hours via a box with an envelope next to the office. Only us and a few other people so it was pretty quiet. The restrooms were very clean and well lit, and in this current covid time going to a public restroom can be dicey so I appreciated that.

It is right next to the highway, which is quick and great if you’re just pulling in for the night. We camped in a truck but if you’re a tent camper you will be hearing the dull roar of the expressway all night if that bothers you!

Great Park!

This place is HUGE!! As others have said, the sites are a little close together and there's some traffic noise, but neither bothered me very much - I was real close to the road too, so not that bad at all. I was quite comfortable the two days I stayed here. They have a little convenience store with camping gear you may have forgotten (or didn't know you needed!), souvenirs, food, and other essentials. The bathrooms are nice and there are some on-site fun to be had with a basketball hoop and playground.

Average stay

Site #52, full hookup site, slightly unlevel but generally a good site.

Park has a museum and war time tank and aircraft.  Large field where local airplane hobbyists come and fly their models.  Campground was quiet, and very dark at night.  We did see some wildlife roaming as we ventured out in to the park.

The hosts did a good job of keeping the restrooms clean.  I don't recall seeing any park officials driving through the campground.

Campground is at the back of the park, so not a lot of outside traffic.  Fishing and boating, Restaurant and bar not busy at all.

I will say it was pricey, $60/night

Very clean

We camp here once or twice a year. Clean bathrooms and showers. I do feel for the tent campers, as there is nothing flat about the “tent only” sites. You can, however rent an RV spot and use a tent. (Just not the water front sites. Not sure why, this is a fairly new rule, because we used to tent camp on the water front sites here.) As for the folks that mention the lack of trees and shade, in the defense of the park, it’s not their fault, it used to be very shady, but a tornado pretty much leveled this place back in 2008, and wiped out probably 90% of the trees. There’s even plaques by the doors on the shower houses, telling about the folks who took shelter in the bath houses, during the storm.

Group camping - great place!

We camped here with our Cub Scout Pack for the weekend. Loved the museum and outdoor aircrafts and tanks! There was a easy walking trail to and from the pioneer camp. The highlight was for sure the railroad that is right next to the camping area. The passenger train comes through twice a day and it so neat to see up close. Pioneer campsite is not well marked from the main road, but that may be on purpose.

Absolutely not tent friendly

This park has great hiking, which is honestly the only positive thing I have to say about arrowhead. There are several miles of dirt bike trail that is hiker friendly, of various difficulties.

The camp ground itself is well maintained, but tent campers are not allowed to rent ANY of the sites along the lake front. We were the only people at the campground when we were there, and still were not allowed to camp in one of the lakefront spots. The "tent sites" are paved and at very extreme angles, with very sparse to no tree cover what so ever. The sites were essentially on top of each other.

We wound up renting a back up (20' I believe) site for our meager 4 person dome tent. There was water and electricity available, with clean facilities nearby. There is no wind break due to the sparse tree coverage, so pack for a chilly night if the temps dip at all.