The best YURTS camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Tallassee Estates Camping Reviews
Wonderful view

Park is wonderful, can be overcrowded. Surrounding area can be a bit rundown

Many trials

Fort Yargo is a bit of history for Georgia, restored cabin from 1792. Boating, hiking, camping and cabins with another area that is a private resort. Lots of room 1816 acres, 16 cabins, 6 yurts. Many tent and trailers spots. #34 has full hookups. There is a nice pavilion and a fairly new welcome center. It is easy to get to and there is playgrounds for the young ones.

Nearby, but not at the top of my go-to places.

Although a nice campground several things turned me off about this campground.  Mainly the lack of enforcement of dogs running loose, owners not cleaning up after their dogs and enforcement of number of people on a site.  The roads into the campground loops are narrow in spots and not well marked at all.  Backing our 30' motorhome into our site required asking the neighbor to move his truck off our site and maneuvering around other vehicles parked in the road.  The site was fairly level and offered a picnic table and fire ring with quite a bit of grassy area. Unfortunately, the neighbor on that side decided it belonged to them and set up games in it, then near dark other people joined them and set up a third tent in that area. Sites are 30/20 electric and water, but there is a dump station.  This has the potential to be a very nice campground, and I'll go back sometime. Perhaps we just had one bad experience so we'll try it again sometime.

Great water views

We stayed in campsite 71 for three nights in late January. The weather was chilly but calm. We loved the water views and the quiet setting. During the weekdays we were almost alone in our portion of the park, so we enjoyed taking the dog down to the little beach area (as there was no fishing). The weekend resulted in quite a bit of traffic as all the waterfront lots were filled. Decent separation between stalls, but lost the woody feel instantly.

We selected a site fairly close to the bathhouse, but those facilities were closed the entire time we were there. I didn’t observe any signage about why these where closed. This created a longer walk to the showers than desired in the 30-degree nights.

We arrived after hours and tried to check in the next morning. The office staff was very strict about observing their lunch hour. They were walking out as we were walking up and didn’t offer to assist us. There was no answering machine either as we tried to call a couple times once the lunch hour was over. Once we did make contact they were super friendly and helpful.

Oct 31 2020

We had a good time

Nice place to camp

I like this place

Awesome views

We camped here for 3 nights and will definitely be back. We were in the red section because I thought it had more views and ambiance. We were in a lakeside site and the mountain and the lake was simply beautiful. The site was tight and a little scary to back in as we got there after dark. The drop off was steep at the back of the site. But we managed and was glad we picked it. We did not use the bath house so can’t review those. We were there to visit our daughter in Decatur so we didn’t spend nearly enough time at the park. But next time we will! The WiFi was okay but not great. I’m sure it fills up in the summer as it is a great place to take your bikes or simply walk.

Manicured but nice!

This place is great if you still want some of the comforts of home. Water spouts are dropped around the sites and there is a bathhouse with showers and hot water accessible to all who camp there! The sites for tent camping are fairly close together-you can definitely see the next site because there aren’t a whole lot of trees but still far enough away to feel comfortable. The tent spots have gravel that is hard to get tent states into but also include a picnic table and a fire pit. Wood can be purchased for $5 from the host but you can also forage from the fallen trees on site. You may have to search around a bit but it worked well enough for my crew.

The lake was so beautiful even in the middle of winter and was such a great spot to camp. Some hikes are close by but none are big for elevation changes or waterfalls or anything like that. Still lots of places to go and get off your campsite. Maybe the best part of this park is the disc golf! My crew enjoyed the course and spent a few good hours there!

I would definitely come back and maybe try out one of the tent sites in the woods for a bit more privacy.

Great Campground

My wife and I decided to make a last minute trip to Tugaloo State Park this past weekend. The sites were large and spacious. We were in site #8 right on the lake. Water, electric and cable tv connections. No sites with sewer, but dump station has two receptacles so there was no wait to dump tanks on way out.

State Park with plenty to do

Ft Yargo is located about 45 miles NE of Atlanta in Winder, Ga. We camped there for four nights and while the weather was cold the campground was full. Plenty of things to do here that include bike and hiking trails, boat rentals, mini golf, geocaching and more! Walmart and several restaurants are minutes away should you need them.