Camping in Mount Vernon Lake

117 Reviews of 7 Mount Vernon Lake, Georgia Campgrounds

Marty A.
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Friday the 13th campout

While most of my camping trip was spent at camp Daniel Morgan, I did stay a night at the public campground. The facilities were excellent. The bathrooms were extremely clean. The neighbors were polite and quiet. Great overall experience.

Kay M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Relaxing

We were able to get a last minute spot during Labor Day. It was packed. Spacing is nice. Facilities are clean and staff is friendly.

• i couldn’t wait to get my cast iron skillet on the fire.
Month of VisitOctober
Ursula B.
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Redtop campground

Beautiful and quiet camping on the water! Campgrounds are clean and well kept with friendly keepers. We loved our camping trip and thoroughly enjoyed the trails and walking trails that cut through the campground Iron Hill.

Sitecan't remember back of campgrounds on the water in a camper back in spot
Month of VisitDecember
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Quiet, well kept campground with lots of activities

Awesome campground located about 15min off of I-20.
Fantastic golf course that I didn't get to play unfortunately.
We stayed at the "buddy site" with our 37' Mallard and my Father-in-law's Winnebago. Though the layout of the site didn't quite make sense, the kids and dogs loved having everyone…

• One buddy site on the campground (#45). Our 2021 Mallard on the right, Father-in-law's 1978 Winnebago on the left!
  • The creek runs right behind the buddy site and my daughter caught her first fish there!
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Confusing check in

Beautiful sites but we gotta there at 5.... Told open till 10. Visitor check in closed and no directions on how you get in. Campground ended up being a few miles from check in. We weren't given coffee to get in gate.... Signs once in were one way but you couldn't tell where they wanted you to go.…

Dana B.
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Stunning Cabin!

Nicest state park cabin I’ve never stayed in! The furnishings were beautiful and the screened porch was amazing. I really appreciated that the bedding and towels were plush and extremely comfortable-very unlike most state parks or other rental cabins. It was also impeccably clean, AND the…

SiteCottage 3
Lorilee S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Pretty

The site was really spacious. There is a nice railing around the site. The campground is really hard to navigate around. The campground is not marked well and we went past the entrance…by a decent amount. Campground said it had a laundry room, but it did not. Bathrooms were pretty old. No real…

M
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

Horrible Experience

Campsite was flooded when we got there, there was trash all along the area going down to the lake and the bathrooms/showers were DISGUSTING! Employees were very rude.

J B.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Nice shady camping in the woods

Most of the spots are distanced a good ways from other sites. They are a little close to the paved path for my taste though. Plenty of restrooms. Fairly clean and quiet park.

Gordon L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Beautiful Campground

I just stayed one night in May, but the entire area is beautiful. I saw lots of deer and squirrels. The facility was undergoing renovations, so the restroom facility near my campsite was closed. There were plenty more within walking distance. I would definitely recommend

Site42 (tent)
Diana H.
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Nice view

Camp site was easy to pull in , picnic table was on one side and fire ring was on the other, which once you settle down, the view was nice. Two site over, neighbors were loud but the neighbors on the other side were quite.

• Play button icon
  • Play button icon
m

Very good apps

We had a great time the puppies enjoy it too

Sitelot 29
DThe Dyrt PRO User

Nice County park

Stayed for two weeks while working in Villa Rica. Park is quite and well kept. Has nice paved walking/bike trails and well kept natural trails. One trail follows the Tallapoosa River with areas that have benches. Pond and lake are a bust for fishing. Doesn’t seen as if stock was kept up. Has only…

• a little surprise on my walk
SiteRV22