The best WALK IN camping near

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Delhi Camping Reviews
Nearby, but not at the top of my go-to places.

Although a nice campground several things turned me off about this campground.  Mainly the lack of enforcement of dogs running loose, owners not cleaning up after their dogs and enforcement of number of people on a site.  The roads into the campground loops are narrow in spots and not well marked at all.  Backing our 30' motorhome into our site required asking the neighbor to move his truck off our site and maneuvering around other vehicles parked in the road.  The site was fairly level and offered a picnic table and fire ring with quite a bit of grassy area. Unfortunately, the neighbor on that side decided it belonged to them and set up games in it, then near dark other people joined them and set up a third tent in that area. Sites are 30/20 electric and water, but there is a dump station.  This has the potential to be a very nice campground, and I'll go back sometime. Perhaps we just had one bad experience so we'll try it again sometime.

Nice campground on Lake Hartwell

This is a very nice campground with a variety of sites, many are waterfront and some have direct access to the water.  I rated it with only 4 stars because  the interior sites and some of the waterfront can get hot with no breeze.  The bath houses are well kept but many of the sites are far away.  The roads are wide and easily navigable for the most part, but in a couple areas very tight turns are necessary (sites 39-52).  Level pads with picnic tables and fire rings.  Some sites are well dispersed and others are very close.  Cell phone coverage is very good and several channels available over the air for TV.  Best sites are 47, 59, and 60.

Beautiful campground with waterfront sites!

This is a well kept campground with all of the sites right on the water.  Many are pull through and while there are a few smaller sites most will handle a 40' rig.  There are three bathhouses with showers around the campground and one bathroom with flush toilets but no showers.  Roads are wide, well kept, and easy to navigate.  Sites have 50/30/20 amp electric service and water, pads are level packed gravel, each having a picnic table and fire ring.  Many sites offer direct water access right in front of the site and are kept clear so swimming next to site is outstanding.  Cell phone service is very good and over the air TV offers about 10-12 channels.  Most sites have nice shade, but some are full sun.  There is no camp store, however a Dollar General is about five miles away.  Accessible from I-85 via SC State Hwy 24, about 10 miles.  Excellent campground, our go to place since we live about 30 minutes away.  Best campsites are 3, 14, 57, 58, 69 & 70.

State park

Very quiet and very well maintained!! Clean and friendly people camping in the winter time.

Great water views

We stayed in campsite 71 for three nights in late January. The weather was chilly but calm. We loved the water views and the quiet setting. During the weekdays we were almost alone in our portion of the park, so we enjoyed taking the dog down to the little beach area (as there was no fishing). The weekend resulted in quite a bit of traffic as all the waterfront lots were filled. Decent separation between stalls, but lost the woody feel instantly.

We selected a site fairly close to the bathhouse, but those facilities were closed the entire time we were there. I didn’t observe any signage about why these where closed. This created a longer walk to the showers than desired in the 30-degree nights.

We arrived after hours and tried to check in the next morning. The office staff was very strict about observing their lunch hour. They were walking out as we were walking up and didn’t offer to assist us. There was no answering machine either as we tried to call a couple times once the lunch hour was over. Once we did make contact they were super friendly and helpful.

Best Camping

We had site 32 right on the water, this site is a little tight but the scenery totally makes up for it, although the sites are not on top of each other just this particular site is close to the street and is a tight squeeze for anything I would say over 26ft. We absolutely will be back to this well kept piece of heaven

Oct 31 2020

We had a good time

Nice place to camp

I like this place

Great Campground

My wife and I decided to make a last minute trip to Tugaloo State Park this past weekend. The sites were large and spacious. We were in site #8 right on the lake. Water, electric and cable tv connections. No sites with sewer, but dump station has two receptacles so there was no wait to dump tanks on way out.

Super quite week

Bathroom was very clean. My site was large, site 7. Walked other sites and most of them were nice. Plenty of space between sites.