The best BOAT IN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Chelsea Camping Reviews
Peaceful wonderland

This campground is easy to access off the I-75. With some shopping close if the case is needed. The grounds are clean and the beach accesses to the lake are very friendly. The security is adequate, many trials for hiking and the boating entrances are several. There are new cabins being built, with other vintage ones also available. A wonderful place to spend a few days to week at.

Picturesque

There isn’t anywhere that doesn’t have a view connected to a great golf course and fishing that can’t be beat. Can get crowded but has places to get away on trails and the water

Far better places to go

Staff is like socialist dictators and act as if you are in their way. Don't go in the office without a mask, they act as if you are Chinese Virus positive. Amenities are closed for Covid except the money making ones….game room, tv room, washers & dryers and library.

This being my first stop on my long journey.

What a beautiful state park with many outdoor activities and trails. I stayed in campground A sites were for the most part level and spacious easy hookup. The camp host were a big help got me out of a little trouble. Highly recommend.

Great place to camp

Very nice clean place

Great place to camp

Very nice clean place

Beautiful Campground

This is a beautiful campground. As others have mentioned, the roads to get to the sites are narrow and windy. We have a 21’ van and we didn’t have any issues, but I was very glad we got to our site during the daylight. I would not want to drive the roads after dark. We stayed in a primitive site (51) so we could have more privacy and better views. Site 51 does not disappoint! Keep in mind there are no hookups at this site, and anything longer than our van may have trouble backing into the site. This would be an amazing tent site! From a practical standpoint, you will need to buy a parking pass - even though I received an email telling me I could go directly to my site and check in by phone, they wouldn’t let me buy a pass on the phone so I had to head back out to the park store to buy a pass. Other than that, great park.

Nice waterfront site

We stayed in site A37 on a Wednesday night in early December. The premium/waterfront sites were mostly empty. It was a little confusing finding the site after dark - luckily I had printed a map of the campground. It was a very relaxing site with a beautiful view. The neighbor site was close, but empty the night we stayed. Unfortunately, my final impression of the campground is staff using a leaf blower to blow leaves off of the surrounding sites and the entire road area in front of our site. Though I appreciate their efforts to keep the campground looking nice, they saw we were trying to enjoy the view before leaving. They could have waited 30 minutes to do that area after we checked out.

Beautiful lake and campground

Red Top Mountain State Park campground was awesome. The sites were fairly large, wooded and private. Many were positioned right on the lake. The trails in the park were great for hiking and running. We enjoyed visiting the Qualusi Winery that was nearby.

Beautiful state park

Plenty to do here at Desoto. Many hiking, biking trails. Zip line course. Swimming pool in summer. Campsites are well maintained and flat. Clean restrooms and showers. Nice camp store with plenty supplies. The Lodge is also great. The Restaurant serves amazing breakfast buffet (check hours of operation). Plenty of deer wondering throughout the campground. And Desoto Falls is just a few minutes drive from campground. There’s also plenty of cabins to stay in as well.!!! This place stays book up in fall …..so reserve early.