The best RV SITES camping near
Fort Kissimmee , FLORIDA

Most Recent Fort Kissimmee Camping Reviews
Great lil fishing spot

Great lil place. Staff is very friendly. Small clubhouse with laundry, pool table and dart board. Neighbors were great. Mostly long term snowbirds. Few double wide trailers with full timers. Hookups are great. I would recommend.

Simply Incredible

I can't say enough about the site and people that run this place.  Bathrooms are spotless and the sites are perfect.  Perfect getaway for families and couples.

Words can’t describe

Ok. I will try to sum this place up in as short of a review as I can. If I could give this place no stars I would.

Pros:

I don’t really have any Pros.

Cons:

• Not all hookups are full. Must enter lottery to get full hookup site. Wasted 3 hours pulling into one spot. Have to sign up, enter lottery, look at spot, go back hope your name is called, if it is move again.

• Laundry is broke! Numerous people who have been here for longer then a month have said they have been broke since November.

• Swimming pool is like taking a warm bath with 60 other people.

• They charge $5.00 per item to receive mail. Yes you read that right. If it’s an regular envelope it’s $5. Medication. Yep $5. Got three post cards from aunt Mable. $15.

• Staff are the most ignorant I have come across on a 7 month road trip around the country. Ask a simple question about laundry room and the employee coped a huge attitude. The two maintenance men were awesome. But front office staff are HORRIBLE.

*** IMO thousand trails maybe good for some people however they are the biggest waste of money I have seen.

Love this park. Big Surprise.

Lake Kissimmee State Park Review This was our first visit to Lake Kissimmee State Park and it was a big surprise. Like all Florida State Parks, they are all a little different and have one attribute in particular that makes them special. For me this was the camp sites that were both spacious and private.

We were on the inside of the loop on #4. Since the pandemic spots at most state park have been few and far between so we have become way less particular and simply take what we can get at most parks.

Like all state parks the bathrooms were spotless and rivaled those of a Marriott. We enjoyed the common areas, the observation deck and the hiking. Staff and hosts were wonderful. Thanks again Florida State Parks for a great weekend! We will for sure return to Lake Kissimmee for sure.

Great place

Friendly people nice park clean

A weekend in the country

A few miles outside of town is a amazing jem of a place called McCarty Ranch Preserve. If you need a place to go and relax and recharge this is the place!! It’s a little primitive as there is no hook ups. You need to bring your own water and have a generator for electric but it’s worth it. All the sites face the huge lake that is available for fishing or kayaking, there are plenty of hiking and biking trails, wildlife and beautiful sunsets to view from your camp site. I highly recommend this campground!!

Fisheating Creek

We stayed at Fisheating Creek on the lake a couple weeks ago and had a very fun time with my three daughters. Rented a canoe and saw alligators almost immediately. There is a nice little spot with a beach that was popular to pull over and stretch your feet. We were lucky to bring our own lifevests because they did run out when it was time to get our canoe. they had a food truck on site that looked very good but we never made it there because we had plenty of our own food. I would recommend it and will be back.

Old park needs update

This park has beautiful views and nice large spaces. First come, first serve on spots leaves little to be desired when you plan far enough out. Pickle ball and pool were very active. Bathrooms were not placed in a very convenient spot, poorly maintained and they were small in comparison to the size of the park. Being a Thousand Trails facility it was very disappointing.

Incredible for FL Camping

All around a great location to get away and explore. This is one of the most comfortable and well-kept campgrounds I've found in FL. The staff and volunteers were very attentive and accommodating. The other campers were friendly and enthusiastic. We tent camped in the Equestrian loop, and the sites were decently spaced with plenty of room for our two tents, two cars, and 8 campers to spread out without bothering the neighbors. There are no stores or restaurants nearby, so pack well. These sites have water, electric, grill, and a table. Firewood is available for $7 cash per bundle (honor system). The dumpster is by the firewood. You can buy ice from the rangers for $2.50 during business hours. Showers are hot. Bathrooms are spacious.

I should probably mention that I'm camping spoiled. I traveled for a year or so around the country tent camping, and lived in Colorado for 10 years camping at least once a month out west. I'm from Florida, and I really didn't think there was much worth seeing here, so I stopped looking. It turns out I was wrong.

The air was so clean that we felt like we were on oxygen! The night sky was absolutely breathtaking, but catching dawn and dusk over the landscape is really nice too. The trails were well maintained and clearly planned to create a unique experience, while being just challenging enough to feel like a real adventure.

The animals just weren't afraid of humans. Our 6 teenagers were so excited to stand face-to-face, only a few feet from gentle deer, bunnies, and turkeys. We even saw some lazy baby alligators sunning on the Military Trail.

The Prairie Loop Trail took much longer than we anticipated, and the wind pushing us back was insane, but it was gorgeous and we had a lot of fun. I'll just plan better for that next time. And, the whole family agrees there will be a next time, soon!

If you are looking for a place in FL where you really feel "out in it", away from absolutely everything, while still having what you need to be comfortable, this is it.

Perfect for our Legoland visit!!

We had a BLAST at this camping retreat 3 miles from Legoland! The owners/employees were very nice and accommodating.  The pool was just what we needed, the put-put was a fun activity, the bathrooms were clean and adequate, the campsites were not huge but just fine. (Not many people at all in the summer, we had no neighbors.)  The playground looked fun but was closed due to Covid.  We ended up staying an extra day and would love to come again sometime!  Only disappointment was that I did not realize there were no fire rings/pits/gills, so we had a couple of "interesting" meals in our camper that were intended for campfire cooking. Part of the adventure, right? :-D