Allentown, FLORIDA
Most Recent Allentown Camping Reviews
WOW!!!!!

We were excited to be able to grab a couple nights stay here and we were not disappointed. By far probably my family's favorite camp site ever and we've been to a lot. Pretty much right on the beach (white sand)! Not far from the forts and they are really awesome to go explore! Very private and away from any city lights and noise. Look ahead to book your spot, not a lot of sites with shade and it is nice to have. You will not be disappointed if you stay here!

Safe, amazing amenities, and well manicured

Right on the water. Great facilities: a pier, dog parks, lounge chairs in the sand, outdoor eating areas, friendly staff, easy check in, and lots of pull through slots! Seems great for families, and as a solo female traveler I felt very safe. The pool is very nice, clean with lots of chairs and is open until 10pm. Navarre Beach is right across the bay.

You will not be disappointed!

We spent 3 nights at this resort in July while visiting our son and his family. This class A only resort is clean and beautiful. We had a lake view pad with full hook ups and seating area for $56.00 a night. You can upgrade and get a gazebo and/or fire pit as well. Beautiful zero entry infinity edge pool and gorgeous clubhouse with daily activities. 15-20 minutes from Gulf Shores AL and the beach! We will definitely be back!

Great Family Campground

This place is very cool.  I love the raised boardwalk style bike paths all over the place.  Our kids rode their bikes all over the place here.  You can also take a path to the beach or the pier.  Just a nice place.  We camped in a tent here…   but we were literally the only tent here that week.  Everyone was in an RV.  We have since purchased a pop up camper so we will return and fit in better lol…

Nice and clean

Great trails to walk, super nice showers and bathrooms. Wildlife is everywhere. Close to the naval base. Very nice staff. The board walk out to the observation tower is great for a stroll

So close to the beach

Amazingly beautiful campground. Not much to do other than walk across the road to the Gulf of Mexico!!!!! Clean bathrooms

The Best There Is

Without a doubt this is our favorite stop. White sand beaches and blue waves just a (not super short) walk from our spot! (We were in 45). Clean and nice bathrooms, friendly people and private spots (large hedges separate you from neighbors). We will be back!

Awesome Quiet

Bear Lake was quiet, very well kept, bathrooms were very clean they offered a whole room to yourself (sink, toilet, shower all-in one room) . They informed you of gators in lake, they had fishing available for campers and a 2mile hike or 1mile car ride to krul lake for swimming. They offered pull through sites for big rigs which i loved it made things easier. Hosts were very kind. It had a pavilion for events. It was 22.00$ a night w/electric/water. We stayed for nights cost 130.00, they add about 20$ more for all sorts of taxes. We will go back, very nice place. Pets are allowed. My dogs loved it!

Awesome quiet!

Bear Lake was very relaxing, quiet, it offered fishing in the lake, swimming in krul lake a 2mile hike or one mile by car to swim in. it was also informative on alligators being present around the lake. The bathrooms were very clean and offered a whole room to yourself-(like sink, toilet, shower all in one room and spacious). The hosts were friendly and courteous. Will go back, rates are 22$ a night but they add on all kinds of taxes, it ended up being 20.00 more for whole stay. Four nights was 130.00 dollars. I also like the fact of pull through sites which makes it easier for our 32ft trailer.

Great stay

We stayed on the main road of the park and were concerned about a possible noise issue. We were pleased that after hours it was very quiet. Our spot was nice and flat but unfortunately no shade during the hot afternoon hours. We walked the trail system extensively and loved it. Also from our camper door to the beach was only 1.25 miles…..win from my standpoint. Used the laundry facility and was very impressed on the cost and cleanliness. Another win!!

Beautiful campground

This was one of the best places in the south I’ve camped. Sites were level, the park was beautiful, miles of biking/walking trails, a pool, close to the beach and pier. Full Hookups. Clean restrooms. Laundry. You could spend weeks here and not run out things to do.

You can camp there

Owner is really nice but are hardly ever there. Sites are small and crammed together. 2 bath houses one is always locked the other is moldy and hot due to no forced air ventilation. Could be really nice with a little effort.

Hidden Gem

I was late getting to Pensacola, and all the campgrounds were full. I found this place though the app and it was a wonderful surprise. The views are beautiful and the campground is clean and quiet.

Ranger Review: Morsel Spork XL at Gulf State Park

Campground Review:

Let me start by saying this is a very large park with a variety of campground options so I will do my best to first review the overall park then discuss each of the sites individually. The park sits alongside the gulf coast and has multiple access points to the beach. It also has an extensive paved trail network that is perfect for all kinds of activities including running, walking, and biking. While visiting the park we biked and explored the butterfly garden which I highly recommend. We also had the chance to visit the pier and the education center and everything is so well organized and taken care of. Overall, there is so much to explore you will definitely need multiple days worth of adventure. There are two major campground areas in the park and I will start by discussing the yurt option.

There are several yurts that are set up and organized for camping during certain parts of the year that each have 4 cots and a fire pit. There is also a large pump sink and a wild west looking shower in this area. If this option is available I would highly suggest checking it out. It is perfect for groups and provides a nice private area to spend your night away from the more crowded RV sites. This area is also centrally located and remote from the remainder of the park so you will have an incredible view of the night sky. The site is kept very clean and mostly covered in sand so it was wonderful to walk around barefoot. Finally, although you will have to bike or hike to get to these sites there is already firewood available for purchase so you won’t have to carry that in with you.

The tent/RV area is very large and has a variety of amenities that will make your stay very enjoyable. Overall, it is on the slightly more expensive side for a campground but provides easy access to the beach and is significantly less than many of the nearby hotels. One thing I really liked was that they have created a separate area for tent-only sites from the combined tent/RV spaces. This gives you a slightly more rustic experience if that is what you look for. On top of all the usual features, they have a pool and picnic areas that campground guests can use and don’t forget to stop by the wildlife education center. You can also join in for one of the rangers led educational walks to see wildlife around the park

………………………..

**Product Review:** As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get to test products. At this campground, I tried out the Morsel Spork XL. After eating several meals using this innovative spork some of my favorite features are:

1. Length: I got the long-handled spork to be able to use it both for regular campground meals on plates or bowls and also with backpacking meal bags and eating out of cookware which each has its own needs in terms of reachability. However, until I opened the package I didn’t imagine just how long the XL spork was and this was very exciting to see. I haven’t had a camping tool that provides nearly as much reach as the Morsel Spork. Besides the obvious use of reaching to the bottom of a dehydrated backpacking meal bag, the long spork is also incredibly helpful for not burning yourself while cooking in deep pots or stirring large meals without worrying about getting your hands dirty.
  2. Multi-edged spoon: The spork spoon end is designed to have both a rounded edge and a sharp-angled edge both with a flexible rubber edging. This makes it even more multifunctional by allowing it to clean any remaining food out of all types of pots and bowls. I found this was helpful to enjoy every last bit of our delicious camping food and made clean up so much easier. Its such a simple design idea but makes such a huge difference in practice.
  3. Durability: I loved how lightweight the plastic material was but also didn’t ever worry about it snapping or breaking during use or in my backpack. They used a strong but slightly flexible plastic that won’t easily snap in half but also can withstand heavy use in tough foods. We were able to use the spork to cut through hard cheeses and also mix rice dishes. The curved shape of the long handle gives it extra strength and they even designed it to be washed in the dishwasher when you get home. Overall, this is the best spork I have ever used and has even become part of my daily lunchbox. When you use it to eat while camping you can quickly tell the amount of thought that went into engineering each aspect and finding the way to make it not only effective but also last you many years of adventure.
Gulf state park

Loved this park. Kids love the splash pad Bigs sites Food trucks Site store Boat ramps Nice pool Access to the beach And between gulf shores and orange beach. Conveniently located to everything

Best place

My brother and I stayed here in April,very well maintained,showers and restrooms were clean,they even have a laundry room,one of the better campgrounds I have stayed at,and you have a nice view of the lake that you can swim in! One of the things we both liked was that it was not noisy at night no loud groups or parties after a reasonable time of night. Would definitely visit again!

Beautiful park, so many things to do!

We stayed 4 nights at Gulf State Park, over the 4th of July, 2019. We made the reservations online, and would have done better to have made them a few months earlier, so that we could have insured more shade for our site. But, we could see the lake across the road, and we were really close to the air conditioned bath house/restrooms, and within a short walk from the swimming pool, nature center, lily pond, camp store, air conditioned laundry, tennis courts,swings, etc. It was a pretty good site, if lacking good shade. There was a camp dog show, a poster contest, a bicycle decorating parade/contest, and an ongoing day camp for the kids (seemed to be Christian based, and we didn’t have time to check it out). The beach is not close enough to walk, but you drive to a parking lot and walk out on the boardwalk next to a pavilion which has restrooms, and an outdoor shower to help you get rid of sand. Waves are pretty calm, so older kids a can enjoy it without having to have an adult holding them. Nice afternoon breezes. When we needed medical care for a problem, the staff were very helpful in telling us which place would be best for our needs. Friendly staff all round. We all felt very safe in this campground.

Wonderful

If you like riding your bike, fishing or going to the beach this is a great campground. Typical state park shower houses but clean. We stay here a couple time a year and are never bored.

Pretty

Very pretty park. Nice Bay Beach area. Very tight spaces! Bearly parking for one vehicle. We stayed on lot 5 and there is no shade on this entire row! Definitely want to be on the other side of the park.

Not what I was hoping for.

I have come to expect a much nicer RV park from a KOA this park we were on nothing but grass with no shade in sight. Good fishing pier but in need of repairs. Bath house not airconditioned but reasonably clean. Pool was nice but very crowded.

Hidden Gem!

Great family friendly RV Resort!  Staff will go out of their way to make sure you have an enjoyable stay.  Located in the Intracoastal Waterway,  they have a raised beach where you can sit and enjoy the ships passing through.  Facilities are clean and frequently attended to.  Pool is heated/chilled depending on the weather. Short drive (2 minutes) to the Gulf beaches and Johnson Beach.

MEH at best.

If your looking for a quick over night stop this is it. Stayed for Father's Day weekend and was not impressed for what I have seen from other KOA's. Getting set up was a pain because the escort took me the wrong way and ended up facing the wrong way. Had drive around the park again which has some tight turns for campers over 30 feet. Reservation was for a 30 amp hookup but the site only had a 50. They did loan me a step up adapter which was nice. If you can get the site's closer to the entrance those are the good ones with more room but no shade. Sites are cramped here in some spots. There was a couple activities going on each night. There are a lot of cabins to rent here and they do have premium sites with decks. Being on the water is not a true statement if you have an rv or travel trailer. There are a couple of cabins and some tent camping only. Will not make a second trip.

Waterfront!

Wonderful campsite. The sites are tightly packed in there but it is still private. My wife and three children had a wonderful time and can’t wait to go back.

Very nice

Enjoyed my time. Pool, fishing. Older RV park but doing some renovations .. staff was very friendly .

Family friendly and beginner friendly

We spent the weekend at the Lodge (incredible, by the way, and commendable for being so sustainable!) and was so impressed by the entire park. Lots of trails, lakes, and ocean front beaches. In a red state where environmentalist practices can be hard to come by, the park does an excellent job of keeping nature in tact. The lodge is great, but there are water front cabins and cottages, back country platform tents, car-accessible tent spots and RV spots. Definitely bring bikes and kayaks…and bug spray. Pro tip: you don’t have to be a guest of the Lodge to use their pool, beachfront or restaurants!

Small with much to offer

Great park! Staff is very friendly,pleasant and helpful. We as a family felt very safe there. Park is gated at night, only access with code. Clean restrooms and showers. Conveniently close to grocery stores. If you want to stay in Florida at affordable prices and have access to the best beaches in the US. This is the place to stay.

Close to the beach.

Nice campgrounds. Quite setting close to everything.

Awesome Place to Camp!

GSP has become a yearly destination for our family! The park is really nice and plenty to do for all. Pad sites are blacktop, full hookup. Miles and miles of trails to walk or ride, wildlife galore, fresh water lakes within the park to fish, close to great surf fishing and not to mention nice beaches to waste away on! If you can’t find something to your liking at GSP, you aren’t trying very hard!

Again place to camp

Bring Your horses and ride,  swim, tube.

A wooded retreat at the beach.

All modern conveniences. Must book way, way in advance, especially holidays and spring break.