Equestrian
Lake Mills Park is located in Florida
4 Reviews of Lake Mills Park
Ranger Review: Grub Stick at Lake Mills Park in Seminole County, Florida

Campground  Review:  Grub Stick at Lake Mills Park, Seminole County, FL

I took part in helping with a Great American Camp Out for 36 families with over 126 people at Lake Mills Park in Seminole County, FL.  This was a special use event so we used the big open field areas in the day use part of the park near the lake.  This was a very, very good and well run event on everyone's part.   I did visit the campground area and give it a thorough inspection as well as talked to staff that was there helping out with the event too.  There were 13…I mean 14 spaces available for camping in tents.  There was a community bathroom with small showers.  This is the perfect place for a weekend camp out.  The camp sites are just a short walk to the lake and the fishing pier.  There is a boardwalk through the wetlands but it was closed at the moment, but the staff I talked with said it was going to be repaired and opened back up soon.  They also mentioned that the park was slated for some upgrades and amenities this coming year. They do not encourage swimming in the lake but while I was there I did see some people in the water.  The fishing pier was nice and in a cove like area.  Several in our group caught some small fish and some turtles too. There is a fit para course that goes around the day use area.  A nice bathroom is there near some picnic shelters that have grills beside them and the small amphitheater area.  There is a nice playground for the kids to play on with picnic tables and grills nearby.  There is also a sand volleyball court.  Everyone in our group….all 126+ enjoyed the park immensely.  I can imagine the lake being a great spot to kayak too.

Lake Mills Park is not to far from the Little Big Econ State Forest and Econ River Wilderness Area.  There are many other places not to far away to that are neat for exploring.  A day to Titusville would be a good adventure.

This park is nice and quiet, But you can hear cars going by on the main road just outside the park at night,  BUT  it wasn't a big deal to any of us.  Just a little background noise once in awhile.

………………………………………………………………….

Product Review:  Grub Stick

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get to test products. At Lake Mills Park I tested The Grub Stick:  The Four Piece set with Cinch Bag and the Thirteen Piece Deluxe set with Zippered Bag.

The four piece comes with:  a telescopic stick, a grubfork implement, a grubcage, and a release tool and comes in a cinch sack.

The thirteen piece comes with: two telescopic sticks, two grubfork implements, a grubcage, a burgcage, a grubtube, grubpocket, a release tool, a finger protector, a hot pad, a food holder ring, and a zippered bag.

1.  I love the idea of having this telescopic stick to cook multiple different ways and multiple different foods.  It is fun to try out the different implements and foods.  The website by the way has many different recipes you can cook with the various implements.  Who doesn't want to cook over an open fire for fun!!

2.  I love the 4 piece cinch sack since it is great for one person and lightweight for a back pack.

3.  The 13 piece Deluxe set is awesome for family and friends camp out since there are more sticks and implements.  I will take both and use them all when its family and friends.

4.  I find the metal and the implements hold up well to the heat and use.   The bags make it easy to contain everything in one spot.

5.  It is easy to clean up.

6.  It is also great that you can combine several sets for larger groups and they all work together with all the different sticks and implements.

I can't wait to go camping again with these. Especially with my nephews who will love getting to cook over the open fire.

Great place to camp!

We love this campground! We have camped here many times and also just have visited their awesome park and pavilions. The campsites are nice, we had our favorite one. It was big and secluded so we had privacy. Our tent is like the Taj Mahal of tents and we bring lots of  stuff with us and we had plenty of room. The bathhouses are very nice and clean. There is a huge park with a great playground, which the kids love, and also a big lake. The pavilions can be used by anyone for the day and they range from small to large. This is just a great place!

Little treasure tucked away

We happened upon this by chance but were very happy there!

Lake access, playground, pavilions, geocaching, fishing, trails, and it was very quiet even though it was near a subdivision.

Nice park for kids

This is a nice place to introduce kids to camping. It's not very far removed and there is a nice bathroom and a playground. There is a walking path and nice views of lake mills.