The best GROUP camping near
Lakeside , COLORADO

Most Recent Lakeside Camping Reviews
Expensive camping.

Sites are very hard to get your unit level. Very high price for no hookups. Close to Estes Park.

Free sites w permit, hike in .5 miles

Shlep your shtuff .5 miles from the lot to the tent pads. Pack it and pack it out. You must get your permit from the Jeffco open space office so look it up on their website. Reynolds park has many nice trails.

Nice dispersed campsites

Free dispersed camping with zero amenities but man made fire pits. Windy and cold but beautiful!

Great spot with everything you need

Typically we try for the more out of the way campgrounds or dispersed camping, but with a brand new trailer, we needed a bit more stability. Base Camp offered electric hook ups for us, a stocked store, and they lent us an extension cord when we realized we left it at home.

Had this been summer, I would expect it to be pretty tight quarters, and you are pretty close to a decently trafficked road, and Base Camp doubles as a gas station and propane fill (again, great if you need it while you're staying there), so I wouldn't call it private.

Kind folks and a great first night.

Beuatiful, but Noobs Beware!

Sorry, No photos. It is very beautiful up there. I have only been here once, and I did not do enough research. I recently purchased a 26ft sustainable travel trailer and decided to take it out for the first time. Well the road up is very tight. Very skinny switchbacks. About half way up looking for a way to turn around. We got lucky and found a space just barely large enough to back in to carfully. I am a first time TT owner so, yeah it was a bit nerve racking. Although it was very beautiful, I will not make that mistake again. Don't go up if you are pulling anything larger than a tear drop trailer. I didn't go all the way up, so I don't know if there is any kind of turn around up there. If someone knows, please enlighten me, as would like to know if I was going to be screwed if I went all the way up.

Convenient location

All sites have great access and close to the ponds. Variety of fish in the ponds. They allow ice fishing as long as the ice is safe. Some traffic noise if you are on the east side of the park due to proximity to I 25. Best to get a yearly Colorado access pass.

Boulder County fairgrounds

closed in winter but a cool place to camp with water and electric hook ups in the summer time

Super nice

This is the perfect place to plan to go or if you are not a planner like we can often be when traveling.

Dated amenities

This place was "okay". They don't make it very easy to find, but I was glad it was tucked away. The facilities were clean, sure, but everything was old and there was market writing and scratches on the bathroom walls, as well as prison-style TP holders with a piece of bar steel shoved through a cardboard-tubeless toilet paper holder that you had to manually turn for each precious sheet of single-ply. It was off season so I gave them an extra star…

It was also QUITE a trek up the mountain to get there from Golden, with a LOT of steep grades, and multiple SLOW switchbacks.

Couldn’t find it

Like the last user the directions took me to a very small roadside pull off. There were plenty of pull offs on this and other roads surrounding that were bigger but on quite a slant. Checkout magnolia rd. Really neat pull up a way up that over looks the city, is flat and plenty of room for several vehicles even a larger RV/Van/Camper.