Camping in Kearns

329 Reviews of 113 Kearns, Colorado Campgrounds

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2021

Good location

Basically a gravel lot with electric and water at each of the six slots. Good location close to the center of town. Trolley stop across the street will take you to Main Ave for $1 each way.

Scott B.
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

Beautiful, national forest campground very close to Durango.

Beautiful forest campground just outside of Durango. Dispersed sites with lots of space. Tables, firepits, pit toilets. Friendly camp host. Firewood for sale. Quiet. Colorado trail starts down by Junction Creek. Downside, no AT&T cell service or internet. Recommend!

SiteC6
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2021

Clean and Spacious

My fiancé and I have been traveling and camping in our truck, we just needed a place to stay for the night, we called ahead early in the day and they were very accommodating! Friendly staff! The bathrooms were very clean, it’s quiet and the campgrounds are shaded! Service was great for me…

Ian W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2021

Slice of heaven

Always a family favorite. No phones (a short ten minute drive if you need it), just fishing and family fun. Large property, fun to walk, hike and the Chama river is beautiful with fishing on the property or a short walk to quality waters.

SiteRV Parking
GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2021

Stunning Campground

The most beautiful campground with sites that are well spread out amongst trees. Utterly picturesque. Hosts were friendly and welcoming. Incredibly well maintained.

Doug W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Nice spot with good views of lake

This campground is busy in summer, it was almost empty in early September. Most sites are best for small rigs, we did find a sort of level spot for our small 5th wheel.

We scored a site right on the lake and with a bit of wiggling we got it level. We had 2 bars of Verizon so internet was…

Betzy G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Great campground!

Just spent 5 nights here. Full hookups, concrete slab, picnic table and pretty roomy. Fly fishing on the Rio Grande is just steps away. The restaurant there is very good! Reservations are recommended.
The town of Creed is cute and funky. I will definitely go back. Loved it there. My campsite…

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

Amazing

This is a beautiful National Forrest campground. The park is very well kept. The park hosts are very friendly and helpful. The views are wonderful.

SiteE4
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Awesome

This campground is a jem. The views are beautiful, it is closer to Durango but high enough in the mountains to not hear any city noise. The park hosts keep this park in beautiful condition. When we were they they road into the park needed to be grated.

Sitee4
K
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

Great lil Geataway

We have stayed here on a few occasions and have loved it every time. The cabins are nice but definitely not luxurious. Kids can ride bikes around the property. There is a basketball hoop and tether ball.

K
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Great Family Spot

I have not been camping here in years until recently. As a kid my whole family (grandparents, aunt and uncles, and cousins would all go here for a week at a time. I recently took my family for an overnight on our way up into the mountains for in the woods camping. They loved it and it was just as I…

Sitedon’t remember
J.R. B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Wonderful weekend!

This was a wonderful spot! We tent camped with our family of 4 for 4 nights. Camp hosts were awesome too! We haven’t ever done a site with no shower so that’s the only reason it didn’t get a 5 star. But! The river made for great bathing :-D

Nearby to tons of hiking spots and great outdoors…

• Play button icon
  • campfire donuts
    Play button icon
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

Great little spot

Fun little spot. Paddle boats and nice camp spots with nice shade. River access is a nice perk.

Chris P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Nice Spot

This is a nice place close to Durango. Sites are good. The C- Loop spots are a little un-level but good overall. Very quiet and the camp host was very friendly as well. I’ll be back for sure.

SiteLoop C Site 6