The best YURTS camping near
Elbert , COLORADO

Most Recent Elbert Camping Reviews
There are better spots. Seek them out!

I don’t want to put this place on blast because it’s exactly what you’d expect from an RV park near a tourist attraction: tight spots and minimal privacy. Looking at other recent reviews, it seems my issues with this “resort” were encountered by other campers as well. Buyer beware!

• I paid $63/night for a Deluxe Plus Back-In spot. I was given D18 which was not only incredibly narrow, but very difficult to get into. Other, cheaper sites around the campground were much more spacious and didn’t require removing my sway bars to back in to. • After getting setup I found out that I’d need to climb up the short retaining wall into my neighbors site to hookup our water hose. The spigot was shared between our sites and thankfully our neighbor was kind enough to provide a splitter since the campground did not. • Literally the only reason I reserved a site here was because the resort advertised free WiFi and I knew I’d need connectivity to work for a couple of days. Let me be clear: THIS CAMPGROUND DOES NOT HAVE USABLE OR RELIABLE INTERNET! It’s obvious that management is aware of this as well since they go so far as to include a note in the check-in packet stating “no refunds or credits will be issued for internet issues”. Combined with no AT&T service (not their fault) this was a non-starter. • As stated by other campers, there is a lot of false advertising with this location. The photos on the website are not from this resort. The whole place just looks dated and in need of an update. • Laundry: Expensive. Washers are small and cost $2.50/load. There is a change machine inside the laundry, as well as a vending machine that sells detergent for $1.00/load and a 2-pack of dryer sheets for $1.00. Dryers are large and can accommodate up to (3) loads at a time, which is good because there are only three of them in the main building and one was out of service when I stayed here. Assume it will cost you about $2.00 per load to use the dryer.

Coming from Breckinridge, I guess I'm spoiled

Although admin are on point, the price we paid is rather up there but that's what you'd expect for the location. All RV spots are ridiculously close. Not only did I feel I was about to hit my new neighbor, I found out that I share a water spout with my back neighbor. Checking in late, I didn't know we would SHARE a water spigot with my back neighbor until the next day. After calling the front desk, we found out the spigot was for both us and our back neighbor took both water hose outlets (AND took the splitter when they left in the morning). IIWII (It is was it is).

Here's the pros - a rather extensive arcade for kids and me, cute did bungalow, multiple laundry locations, pool (not available during this time), saw a deer just chilling in our backyard, overall nice location if it weren't so crowded during low season

Location, Location, Location

The location is why people stay here, and it is far less sketchy than other nearby resorts. Spots are close together and it is a busy place, so don’t expect privacy. We upgraded to a Deluxe Plus Back-in site so we could have more room and it provided more space and privacy than the site we had originally booked. Hookups were good and close to our camper, and we had plenty of trees for shade in the afternoon.

Close to shops, restaurants, attractions and walking distance to Garden of the Gods. The intersection to pull in and out is a bit strange but navigable. Despite the close proximity to roads and highways the road noise is minimal.

Website is misleading and has images not from this actual resort. For the cost, the grounds could use some updating and maintenance.

Clean and Convenient

Wonderful campground with easy and clear call in reservation process. Like most of these urban campgrounds realestate is expensive so sites are on the small side, but plenty of room and the place is well designed. Bathrooms are warm and clean, access code used. We appreciated the area for dishwashing outside the bathroom area, though the water there was not very hot. We spent two nights and enjoyed it very much, nice neighbors and very quiet at night.

GoG rv park is at a convienant location

Garden of the Gods is clean, close to several attractions. The staff was very pleasant, we had a blast.!

Beware of the Wind

It is such an adventure to get to the peak. Many animals along the way to watch and admire. The wind is so strong that it can take your car window off. Must try those donuts since you're at top.

first time camping

not to bad but need to have a sleeping pad

Disney World of Camping

What a place. Hundreds of spots- a water park, a bounce pad, cabins, golf carts, putt- putt oh my!

This place is a campers with kids dream. It can get noisy and it’s definitely not remote.

For the adults and families who want to hike I highly suggest spruce mountain trail. Nearby and full of great views! We drove around in the nearby quaint town of Larkspur and even spotted a bear!

Absolutely beautiful

Great place to stay when admiring the beautiful CO scenery

Great spot right outside the park

Great spot with super friendly and helpful staff. After hours check in was easy and our campsite was easy to find. Campsites were close together and with little privacy. We were a short walk from bathrooms and showers. The bathrooms and showers were nice and clean.