Campground
Ryder A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2021

Off the beaten path, yet crowded

On a weekend in august it was packed. Most camped on the beach, which was the reason I came, yet we ended up finding a spot inland with no neighbors. The road coming in is no joke, it took about 30-45 minutes on a bumpy dirt road. Even with 4x4 I would be hesitant to drive during heavy rain but when dry it’s passable by car. During a week day I think this place would be fantastic, but during a busy weekend it wasn’t a quiet get away by any means. 90% of the campers were fine but the other 10% are usually who gets a whole campground a bad name. Its what’s to be expected when you combine free state park camping with no policing. If you’re into “overlanding” this would be a great place to take a pic for instagram and pitch your roof top tent. I enjoyed myself a lot but I may be more relaxed about the riffraff than others. I have no good pictures but it was truly a beautiful place.

  • overlook from 1/2 through the dirt road
Siteaspen grove

Report Content