Oceano - Pismo State Beachfront
Melissa W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2022

Iffy tent camping

I think there is a HUGE difference between the RV section and the tent section of this campground. We are tent campers and were in the back area. It was a reasonable walk from our campsite to the beach. The beach was nice. Showers take tokens but machines that take dollar bills are outside restroom/shower building. Showers were hot. The campground was clean (surprisingly, considering my following comments).

Now for the negatives. It's a bit noisy (you can hear road traffic). Sites have a bit of space between them but virtually no privacy. My biggest issue with the campground are the homeless people. I highly doubt that many of them squat in the RV section and I think they hang out in the back in the tent section. Sadly, many of them had obvious mental health illnesses. Several of them go into the bathrooms and lock the doors to sleep overnight with a roof over their head. They mostly kept to themselves but it made me a little uneasy. We left our stuff to go into town for dinner and our tent, sleeping bags, etc. were not messed with (stolen) while we were gone.

• site 63
  • easiest way to the beach is via the service road
  • beach sunset
  • the beach is pretty lively at sunset
  • stars were great
  • site 64 is on the left and 65 next to it has the parked vehicle
  • site 62 is empty, site 60 has the mini van
  • shower house/bathrooms
  • back the campground towards the lagoon
  • site 63 has the white car in the distance, little privacy