The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Verdi , CALIFORNIA

Camping California Verdi Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Verdi Camping Reviews
Beautiful Spot in the Woods But Choose Site Carefully

Great October stay here. Scenic spot nestled in the woods and yet conveniently close to town. It’s a big campground though and many of the sites seem to be tightly spaced. Seems the outer rim sites are more spacious than inner. Suspect our experience would have felt differently on that inner rim.

Access to the lake is convenient and super scenic to mention nothing of canoeing and kayaking and swimming opportunities.

Roughing it in nature

Great place for friends and family to meet. Much nicer with a higher water level.

Beautiful Bowman

There are several primitive campgrounds to choose from. Some right near the lake. There is a pit toilet, but no water or fire rings. The drive is long and fairly rough. Having a vehicle with some clearance helps. It is possible to get a smaller trailer there but not recommended. The lake is beautiful and try to hike to the waterfalls at the creek at the end of the lake if you can. We’ve never had issues with animals or bugs at Bowman Lake.

Zephyr Cove - Perfect Timing

Most likely due to COVID and it being off season, the campground was barely a 3rd full. We had site 157 about 150 yards from the road. Road noise was not too bad and the ability to see the lake made up for anything we heard. The campground was well maintained. The snow added to the scenery. Our pad was paved, but pretty skinny. Our fold out stairs did not reach the ground due to the small drop off from the pavement. I added a few boards to solve that.   Remember you have to park in the campground and then walk across the street to check in.

The beach was amazing. We had 2 small dogs so they went allowed on the Zephyr Cove beach, but a short walk to the right there is a dog friendly beach. I would argue it’s even better part of the beach. Nice rock formations and sandy beach.

Unhook and go see Emerald Bay. Make sure you check out the waterfall and short like to eagle lake. All from the Eagle Falls parking lot.  Kiva Beach is also a great place to go if you have have dogs or even if you don’t

Hidden gem!

My family and I have been going to this campground since I was 10. I am now 30, this year my husband and our 1 year old got to experience it they loved it! It has a spot for every kind of camper from glamping RV style to roughing it. There are bathrooms and water. A creek goes through the middle and is great in the summer for a nice cool down.

Small sites

We have a 35 foot 5th wheel and a lot of these spots seem small and hard to get into. We have stayed in site 128 and 129 which are pull though and easy to get into. I would book these spots if they are available. The spots in front of us seemed very narrow and a couple trailers had a hard time getting in (around sites #169&170). One site they couldn't even open their awning because of a tree. Motorhomes seemed to fit in these spots better.. We have stayed here a couple times and will probably come back because it's close to a lot of things. Right behind spot 128 is a street kids can ride bikes in. There is also a chain length fence with a walk way on the other side. If you have bikes lock them up. Somebody stole my friends bike. Try and check in online so you don't have to wait. My friend checked in that way. I didn't realize they had that option so I went inside to check in.

Sand and wind

Be careful!!! Almost got stuck in the sand while trying to find a spot level enough to park. Many people had dug out around their trailer to get the slides out. Several people used construction generators to power their rigs. Stayed for a weekend. Had a hard time leaving the trailer due to sand in the wind flying at high rates of speed. No hook ups, they do have a dump station and community water faucets. Vault toilets in many locations, no designated camping spaces. Just find a spot where you fit.

Beautiful and Clean!

Wonderful weekend in November!  Free too!

HALLOWEEN 2020

It was a great spot with a great vibe on Halloween 🎃

Great location, very nice setting

Close to Truckee, a very nice looking rv park, plenty of nice size spots surrounded by trees. Quiet and well maintained.

This is the one to stay at when visiting Tahoe-Donner.